ZeeNuNew: The Confession Part 1

I don’t know how many times I’ve had to stare into Hia’s eyes.

His face was close to mine, the tip of our noses brushing against each other as his hand slid up my shoulder and gently cupped my neck.

We breathed together, the lull of our chests hypnotizing me as we continued to look at each other. We smiled at each other, the sweetness almost oozing out of us.

I moved to cover his hand with mine, bringing up my other hand to rest on the inside of his shirt and felt the steady but somewhat rapid beat of his heart.

This is it. Goodbye NuKuea.

“Cut!”

There was brief silence, an acknowledgement, but almost a disbelief, that filming was over. Hia and I sat there, trying to dispel the fog of our characters. Continuing to live in the moment, Hia pulled me into a hug, my face burying into his neck. He gave a brief peck to my head, tightening his arms around me more. I burrowed more into his warmth, feeling nothing more than happiness and gratitude.

You’re my safe place, Hia, thank you so much for everything.

My contentment was soon disrupted when everyone, and I mean everyone, piled on top of us, yelling at the top of their lungs.

“Congratulations!” I heard Nat yell over the chaos.

“I’m so proud of you all,” I turned my head to the side, seeing that P’Aof was standing next to the pile, smiling as he looked at us all. I reached out to him, pulling him into us. “Nu!”

Giggling, I brought P’Aof closer while I saw Hia shoulders shaking, laughing at the situation.

It was surreal to think that filming for Cutie Pie the Series was over, my very first series had come and gone in a blink of an eye. I forged lifelong bonds with my colleagues, I mean how could I not? Nat held me as I cried and Yim is possibly the best person to be friends with, even P’Max and Tutor helped create some of the best memories, scripted or not.

And of course there’s Hia, my Hia, I never thought–

My thoughts were interrupted when I was suddenly thrusted into the air. Hia had broken the group hug to pick me up individually. His arms wrapped around my waist, I swung my arms loosely around his neck, smiling down at him.

He proceeded to smile back, that beautiful blinding smile that made me melt; his facial feature that had broken the ice between us from the beginning.

I cupped his face with my right hand, stroking his cheek, “Hia, I’m so happy. Thank you for acting with me. Also I don’t know how to thank you for being the best partner, if it wasn’t with you, I don’t think I would want to continue. I am very attached to you and I hope to work with you again in the future na khap.”

He gently put me down and then wrapped his arms around me, so that almost every inch of us was lined up. I moved my hand back and crossed my arms around his shoulders, still pulling us closer together still.

I could feel Hia’s chest rising, his breath in my ear, “Meet me after na?”

I turned my head slightly, tucking into his neck as I nodded.

“After we’ve changed, let’s go to our spot. I’ll wait for you by the door. Go freshen up, I’ll be here waiting once you're done.”

He gently kissed my forehead and then let me go. I grabbed his hand and  squeezed it one last time before I walked off set to change.