10K Special Part 1-A Year Later

"Promise to keep your eyes closed?"

Smiling gently, I nodded my head as the space around me went dark. I felt Hia's hands glide down from the top of my shoulders to grip my hands, giving them a squeeze. Soft lips landed on mine, and I giggled into the kiss, pulling away after a few seconds.

"Cheater," I whispered against Hia's lips, giving him a quick peck in return.

"Well, then let me cheat some more..." Our laughter could be heard in the air around us as Hia started giving me sniff kisses all around my face and neck.

"Hia!"

"OK, Ok, I'll stop, for now."

Moving to my right side, his left arm wrapped around my waist, his right hand still holding mine. Half behind me, I felt pressure to my lower back, signaling me to move forward.

I can't believe that it's already been a year.

It's been a year since I said yes to being Hia's and it's been the best year of my life. We had the opportunity to film a Korean mini-series, and travel to Japan on vacation. And Hia and I opened our hearts to each other even more, admitting our deepest fears and secrets, and sharing our hopes for our future together as an on-and-screen partner. But with our newfound closeness, came our first arguments. To be honest, most of them were only borne out of a combination of miscommunication and exhaustion. However, we worked really hard to be honest with each other and calmly discuss what had happened. As such, I was more than confident that Hia was committed to me and to the wellbeing of our relationship.

And I also have a surprise planned for our one year anniversary.

Feeling a bit nervous about what I wanted to do later, I squeezed Hia's hand again, thumbing the side of his palm.

"Everything OK, love?"

"Yeah, Hia, just nervous and excited. Are we almost there?

"Yep, just give me one second, OK, turn to your right a little...now take a step up. OK, scoot to the left a little bit...perfect!"

The bell from opening and closing the door stopped, letting me hear soft French music play in the background. I could smell the sugar and butter, creating a soft doughy atmosphere, my mind and stomach very happy to be around all of the sweets.

"Can I open my eyes Hia?"

"One the count of 3: 1, 2, 3!"

Slowly lifting my lids, I saw that my senses were right, there were containers or sugar and butter spread on metal shelves, boxes of food dye lined up by color. Directly in front of me there was a case full of delicious sweets, and of course my favorite, macaroons. Styled cutely on serving trays, there was one tray that had them shaped in heart, and in the middle, there was a picture of Hia and I in Japan, kissing underneath fall leaves in Kyoto.

Turning to him, I could feel my eyes begin to sting, the threat of tears. "Hia, I love it so much, thank you for taking me to a French bakery. And the platter of macaroons with our picture is really sweet. I love you so much!"

Wrapping my arms around his shoulders, Hia's hands snaked around my waist while his cheek rested on top of my head. "Of course my love. But this isn't even the surprise. Well, not the main one anyways."

Pulling back, I furrowed my eyebrows at him, confused. "What do you mean?"

"What I mean is..." Smirking, he leaned closer to my face, slowly moving toward my ear, whispering, "turn around again."

Turning my head, I saw a woman I hadn't noticed before. Panicked, I quickly faced her fully, greeting her formally.

"I am so sorry! Hello, it's nice to meet you. I'm NuNew."

"No worries, NuNew. Good evening, I'm Chef Gai Thanunya, owner of Brioche from Heaven. I'll be assisting you and your partner tonight as you bake three different French desserts, including macaroons."

Eyes widening, I turned back to Hia, his face bursting with happiness.

"Surprise!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you all so much for 10K reads, I can't believe it😭

I greatly appreciate all of your kindness and support. I hope that you get some joy out of my stories. 🥰

Part 2 will be posted next week! I know this one is kinda short, but I promise next week's will be longer; it's just that this was a good place to stop. 

Until then-じゃね!