ZeeNuNew: The Confession Part 4

Hia must have been in shock.

His lips parted slightly when I surprised him, but otherwise they were unmoving. Hoping to initiate some action, I pressed my lips more firmly against his, delicately swiping my tongue against his bottom lip, tasting his favorite lip balm.

Concerned, I moved slightly away from his face, only to be surprised about how red he was.

"Hia, is everything OK? I'm sorry if I overstepped, but you are the one who asked for a kiss. Wait, you did mean that right? Oh my god, that's not what you meant, was it? Hia–"

My rant was cut off when he gently put his hand over my mouth, shaking his head to indicate that I was wrong about my assumptions.

"Nu, please calm down. It's OK, really. I was just shocked that you did it first, that's all."

"Then...it was really OK?"

"Yes, Nu."

"So...Hia!"

I yelled as he flipped out positions, reaching down to grab ahold of my right thigh. Hia slowly moved his hand toward my hip, pausing for a second to rub my hip bone then slightly higher, dipping his thumb under the hem of my underwear, raising goosebumps on the flesh there.

My breath hitched and I locked eyes with him again, waiting.

"Nu...you have no idea how much I want this, want you. But I had something else to ask, remember? And as much as I want to continue this, I think it's only fair I ask without me touching you. I want you to make your decision independent of any physical influence."

And with that he let me go, gently removing his hand and unwrapping me from around him.

I remained prone for a few seconds, breathing deeply and collecting my thoughts before I sat up. Even though he had moved to not touch me, I couldn't be separated from him so I softly moved to collect his hands in mine, stroking my thumbs on the back of his hands.

"What is it Hia? What do you want to ask?"

Hia remained still, shifting to look at the sunset. The fading sunlight danced on his face, igniting it into sunflower yellows, and delicate oranges. The reds added some depth to his face, defining his sharp jawline and nose. I stared, mesmerized until he turned to look at me, his eyes very serious.

"You know that I love you. So much. Like you said, we're best friends and you're my favorite Nong. Without you, I would be lonely at DoMunDi, and, in life. Thank you for being there for me as a partner. Cutie Pie would not have done so well without you. You were fated to play NuKuea."

Moving to sit on his knees in the sand, he let go of one of my hands and reached into his back pocket. I saw something glint and shimmer against the sun and leaned closer to him, confused. Hia then held his hand up in a fist in front of me. He cautiously released his fingers, a small pink ball dangled at the end of a thin gold chain.

Reaching out, I brought the ball onto the tip of my fingers.

"Is this a macaroon?"

"Chai, I saw it and thought of you"

The macaroon itself was small, and the 'filling' between the two cookies was simply gold, connecting to the dainty gold chain that was to go around the wrist. The rest was a rose pink, but imitated a real macaroon, the edges wavy, and the rest round.

"It's beautiful Hia. Is this for me?"

"Of course, Nu. It's my 'Congratulations on completing your first series' and..."