your eyes tell

this is a the love agenda alternate universe. no spoilers ahead.

☁️☁️☁️

"Rafa! Will you come to the party tonight?" Maggie shouted across the street as I attempted to open our gate. She looks like she's about to go to the convenience store with her wallet in her hand.

She was referring to the party Ari's throwing tonight. I just heard them talking about it since last week. I think I was invited as well, I just forgot the details. Ngayon pala 'yon?

She closed their gate and walked towards me. Even with her simple clothes, she looks so beautiful. With her hair up in a bun, mas lalong nadepina ang kaniyang mukha.

"I don't think so. Why?" 

"Why not?" she stomped and lightly hit my shoulder. "You should come katatapos pa lang naman ng exams. I'm going to come!" She excitedly told me. Since when was she interested going into parties?

"I have things to do. But maybe I can stop for an hour or two." I said as I changed my mind.

"Cool! Hay nako kung 'di pa kita nakita you'll probably be buried in your books again. Sige na I'll go buy something muna." She said as she walk towards the nearest convenience store here.

Hindi pa man siya gaanong nakakalayo ay tinawag ko siya ulit. "Mags!" She turned her body facing me while still walking but backwards. "What?"

"What time are you gonna go?"

"8 PM! Because traffic and got a curfew to chase!" she shouted and went on her way. I went inside our house and placed my things on their proper places. 8 PM is still two hours away but I wanted to prepare early so I opened my closet and went looking for something to wear. It took some of my time and when I finally got a pair, I placed it above my bed then went inside the shower to clean myself up.

The moment water kissed my skin, saka ko lang naramdaman ang pagod. We just finished exams but we had extra training after. Dapat nga wala na but there's a scheduled practice match tomorrow. Coach accepted it thinking we'll be done with exams by that date. True enough, but it's still somehow exhausting.

I got out the shower wearing only a towel while wiping my hair dry. I went to my phone to look at the time just to make sure I still got plenty. Well, I'm sure as hell Mags will take her time dolling herself up. I wonder if we're going exactly at 8 PM. I chuckled at that thought.

When the time arrived, I descended the stairs wearing a plain gray crisp button-down matched with dark jeans. I bid goodbye to my mom and went out with my keys. I went to the gate first so I could bring my car out. Hindi ko kasi 'to ginamit kanina. I opened the gate and saw Maggie who just got out too.

Ang timing naman.

"Rafa!" Maggie called across the street looking really, really pretty. I would want to stare at her longer but a man got out the car that was parked in between our houses. My lips parted at the realization.

Of course. Of fucking course.

"Hi, Captain!" Maggie's stupid boyfriend and unfortunately my teammate as well greeted.

Fuck. I completely forgot about the existence of this one because of exams. Timing pang absent siya kanina sa practice. I did not remember even when I saw Maggie a while ago because I was so exhausted that it just made me completely happy when I saw and talked to her today. She even invited me to the party.

Fucking stupid, Servania. Of course her boyfriend's the one that's taking her. And of fucking course that's not you.

I just nodded back so I wouldn't seem rude. The last time I seemed rude, Maggie scolded me for it. I wouldn't want another scolding as if this broken heart wasn't enough.

"Rafa papunta ka na rin ba? Sabay ka nalang sa amin! Save sa gas, you know? That would be completely fine. Right, love?" Sabi ni Maggie sabay baling ng tingin niya kay Miguel. That look. I would die to have that look Maggie's giving him right now. It's as if she's looking at the stars with how her eyes sparkled. And despite the cold breeze of the night, it'll give you warmth within. Parang sa kaniya umiikot ang mundo mo. Lahat ng atensyon handang ibuhos sa'yo. She didn't look at anyone like that until him. I need not the words anymore, her eyes alone tells me enough.

"Sure. If ayos lang din sa'yo, Captain." 

I know better than to hurt myself further so I went with a reason that Maggie's going to accept. 

"Actually... I have a date tonight." I lied.

"What?! You do?" Gulat na sabi ni Maggie nang narinig ang sinabi ko. "Oh my gosh Rafael Siegan, who's the girl?" She excitedly added. I just apologetically smiled at her and pretended to look at my watch.

"Sorry hindi ko nakwento. Maybe next time? I'll be late if I don't go now." She stomped towards me and dusted off the invisible crease on my top. "You better tell me about her, okay? I'll let you go now pero I won't do the same next time." She warned me then cupped my cheek and said, "Binata ka na, Rafa!" And I was blessed with her laugh.

Before I could even say anything, tinulak-tulak niya na ako papunta sa sasakyan ko. "Ako na bahala magbukas ng gate!" I just sighed and went inside my car. Her boyfriend went near her and helped her with pushing the gate wide open so I can get my car out. 

What a sight.

When I finally got my car out, I thanked them and told them goodbyes. I also told Miguel to take care of her and call me if there's any problem. He just saluted at me and went near Maggie to hold her waist. I gripped the steering wheel harder with my hands and knew how I needed to go already.

So I did. I drove away trying so hard not to look at them in the side mirror and called Jass.