• First day •

.・゜゜・・゜゜・.

Lara's POV:

My alarm shook me awake, the noise drilling into my ears. I felt so groggy when I awoke, I wanted to click snooze when the realisation shook me that it was the first day of year 12. Ughhh. It's 6am and I already wanted to die. I managed to drag myself out of bed rubbing the nights sleep off my eyes. I pulled myself over to school uniform and slowly got dressed, pulling my skirt further up my thighs. Call me a slut or whatever but the school skirts are SOO LONG. Feeling more used to being awake I do my makeup as I usually do, making sure my eyeliner is perfect for the first day back. I then make sure my hair is the prettiest it's ever been. I run downstairs to grab myself an iced coffee I had brought for myself the day before, pouring it into my favourite cup. I then slip on my shoes, grab my bag that I had already packed and left the house. I had got ready quite early so I took a slow walk to school listening to my favourite playlist, reminiscing about the summer that had ended too soon, then my mind drifted to Michelle. Fucking Michelle. I loved her so much I really did. I loved her whole soul, I would take a bullet for that bitch, only for her to dump me over text after me giving her my grandmas Pearl necklace. That Fucking Bitch.

I take a big sip of my coffee and try to focus on my songs to distract myself until I get a buzz from my phone, I had just been sent my new timetable.
They never used to email us our timetable but since Covid-19 they emailed it to us to stop paper handouts and the rule kinda stayed. I check the day of lessons I have. My face lit up when I saw English written next to period one on my timetable. I love English so much! My face then dropped when I saw the initials of my teacher: JMH
I fucking hate Mr Mitch. I have had the worst fucking luck with him!! Thankfully He's never taught me but I've bumped into him and spilt my drink all over his shirt- that did NOT end well. Apparently he's a right knob. Despite him, it's a miracle I still love English. The thought of Mr Mitch teaching me makes me walk slower to school, the idea i'd have him all year pains me. I still get there though, and in plenty of time. When I arrive at the gates I glance at them taking a big inhale preparing for a year of English with that dick.
I walk through the school being told to take off my headphones and go to my form, checking my jewellery isn't too obvious. I try to find my friends but I assume they've already gone to form. I walk past the canteen and the smell of their wildly overpriced breakfast pastries fill the air and it makes me smile. I love food, it's the one thing in life I love. I stand there for a minute then realise what I was originally doing, heading to my form room.

I get to my form and get greeted my tutor and the warm smile of my best friend, lily. We chat our way through the repeated school rules at the start of every year, it's so fucking boring. When the clock hits 9:00 the annoying ring of the bell which reminds me of the hatred which I hold for that fucking bell. It's so loud for no reason. Ugh I hate school already.
I make my way to my English class remembering Mr fucking Mitch teaching me.

Before English I needed to pee so I headed to the toilets. I walked in and rested my drink on the sink and stared In the mirror checking my completion and doing my lipgloss when the door opened. I jumped to turn at the door when my drink fell off the sink and spilled all over my new white shirt making it see through. FUCK! It's the first day back and you can see my fucking bra. Shit shit shit shit shit shit!
This is not how I wanted today to go! Fuck!
RING RING!
Shit the fucking bell. I try to dry myself off but you can still see my fucking bra for fuck sake!! Shit and I'm late!
I dash to class, the class has already started. I open the door and shyly stand in the doorway my heart beating, my shirt wet. A booming voice surprised me "Ms Mclane your late! And you didn't even knock, that's not how you enter a classroom is it?"
I panic, not knowing what to say, Mr Mitch is staring at me his eyes squinting.
"Er- I..I'm sorry I'm late" I say in a hushed voice, if I'm honest Mr Mitch kinda intimidates me, he's scary and shouty.
"Sit down Laura, there's a space here!" His hand gestures to a seat right in front of him at the front. Fuck. I don't want to sit at the front and in the centre, this sucks!

I hastily worm my way through the classroom to my seat. While Mr Mitch is talking I drift off, someone told me Mr Mitch is the hottest teacher at my school, I personally don't see it. Well I mean, he has brown hair which is always neat and tidy like every individual hair is perfectly placed, and he has a fit body you can tell he does like 10000 press ups a day and lives on protein shakes. His eyes are sorta forest green and his face is quite sharp. Nethertheless he's a dick. A total utter dick.
"Laura" I hear in a stern voice coming from the front.
"Huh?" I reply, I got distracted. Shit what was he talking about. My eyes rapidly wandering around the room to look for clues of what to say.
"Were you paying attention Laura?" His eyes narrow at me and he moves close to my desk and rests his hands on the edge of my table.
"Errr..." I try and think about what he was saying before I got distracted but I have no idea, what the fuck was this man teaching us?!
My heart starts beating, I try and avoid his eyes but I can feel them staring straight into my soul.
"Laura?" His voice is getting louder now and more annoyed, I can tell I'm in deep shit. It's too early for this.
"You should pay attention Ms Mclane." His mouth was twitching like he was really mad, he probably was very mad.
"Ok" I reply sweetly, trying to defuse the situation and let him carry on teaching.
"Ok, what?" He turned around and stared at me like I had just called him the worst name in the dictionary, why was he mad?
"Ok sir." I say, trying to avoid eye contact still and desperately wanting him to carry on teaching. He turns around and I let out a sigh of relief thinking that interaction was over.
"And Ms Mclane, you ought to dry your shirt, it's become rather seethrough." He says writing on the board In a stern but monotone voice, he then turned around and looked at my shirt with squinting eyes then looked at me as If to study my reaction to his words.
Shit. My cheeks turned as red as a tomato and my heart dropped, I had never been so embarrassed. My eyes were stinging. It felt as if the whole world was looking at my sodden shirt and noticeable bra. I wanted to crawl up into a ball. I slumped into my chair and started bouncing my thigh ti leg out my anxiousness. That was so embarrassing.
I watched the clock in anticipation waiting for it to strike 10, when second period starts. My shirt was a bit dryer now but still damp enough to be noticeable.
The clock soon hit 10 and the bell went. We went to stand up and pack our bags when Mr Mitch stood up.
"That stupid fucking bell" he gestured to the bell on the wall "Laura sit down i haven't finished yet!" His face turned lightly red like the bell had actually significantly effected him. He described our homework to us and said we could leave, as I walked out i looked over at Mr Mitch and notice his eyes on me, he also had a smirk plasters on his face. it made me feel odd and I rushed out that classroom extremely quickly. Those pair of eyes staring at me today was probably nothing big it made me feel extremely wierd but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.