Chapter 5 - Preparations

It was time for the 3rd period, which was History class. My favourite teacher, Chabashira Sae walked into the classroom with her usual expression.

"Quiet down a little, please. Today’s lesson will be a bit serious.”

“What do you mean, Sae-chan-sensei?”

“It’s the end of the month, so we’re going to have a short test. Please pass these to the back.”

It's the Test huh. She handed out the papers and The students in the front row passed them to the back.

“Huh? I wasn’t listening, though. This is so unfair!” a student cried.

“Don’t say that. This test is just for future reference. It won’t be reflected in your report cards. There is no risk involved, so don’t worry. Of course, cheating is prohibited.”

On the Teachers signal, we started the test.

In the First part, The questions were very easy, Anyone could answer them. But things changed at the last part, The questions difficulty level spiked up to another level. Even I wasn't able to answer most of them. I will probably get around the same score as Horikita.

Soon enough, The bell rang indicating the end of our Test.

-
" Hey Ayanokoji, If you come right out and tell me straight, I will forgive you ok?"

"Tell you what straight?"

This was a rather odd turn of events. I was currently hanging out with Ayanokoji, Sudou, Ike and Yamauchi.

Throwback to how this happened, Me and Ayanokoji were invited by Sudou to eat lunch together with Ike and Yamauchi. Ike tried his best to exclude me but his efforts were useless against Sudou's insisting. Going to the Cafeteria, I couldn't help but notice Ike constantly sending me Hostile glances.

Just suck up what happened already dude.

Sudou became friends with me after I defeated him in swimming. Due to that he became curious about me. He would have went to kouenji as well but his personality was troubling.

Anyway, It was a good thing that there were 3 more people to keep up the conversation, Since Ike and me just ignored each other.

“We’re friends, right? Comrades that stick together through thick and thin?” Ike said to Ayanokoji happily.

“Uh, yeah. I guess so.”

“So then, naturally…you would tell us if you got yourself a girlfriend, right?” he asked.

“Huh? A girlfriend? Well, sure. If that happens, I will.”

We were currently discussing the girls after eating our lunch. A topic that every boy will talk about with their friends at least once in their life.

Ike asked Ayanokoji about Horikita, whether they were dating or not. Ayanokoji obviously denied that.

“She has such an uptight personality, though. I don’t like girls like her,” added Sudou while drinking his coffee.

“Yeah, I know. It’s like she’s really snippy, yeah? I’d rather go out with a cheerful girl who I can have an easy conversation with. She has to be cute, of course. Just like Kushida-chan.” said Ike.

Lower your standards man.

“Ahh. To go out with Kushida-chan…or rather, do naughty stuff with her!” cried Yamauchi.

"If any of the girls heard you guys, your reputation among the girls will drop even further." I added.

"Even further?" Asked Yamauchi with a confused look.

"Oh you don't know? You are more oblivious than I thought. Well not just you, Ike too."

Ike frowned.

"But how!?" Cried Yamauchi.

"Ogling at girls in their swimsuits, Talking about which girl has the biggest boobs right in front of them. I can list many."

"..."

Both of them became silent. The atmosphere became a bit uncomfortable. I guess I accidentally killed the conversation by making the atmosphere go from playful to uncomfortable, I really didn't mean to do that.

It was worth it though because I needed to help them become a better person who will contribute to the class in the future.

(Bell ringing)
The bell rang signalling the end of lunch. Wow, Perfect timing.

-
A few days passed. I could see Ike and Yamauchi become a little less oblivious to their surroundings. When I say "less" I do mean less because those guys were still sticking to their usual habits. It's hard to change suddenly but it's good to see that they are trying to improve themselves.

I also talked about the same thing I did with Hirata in the cafe with Kushida. She said she didn't spend a lot of private points and that I was being too paranoid. 

It was never really my intention to convince them, I just wanted to let them know what I thought.

-

Before I knew it, The month was gone in a flash.

The date today was May 1. Right after the morning bell, Chabashira-sensei walked into the classroom with a serious expression.

She was holding a rolled up poster in her hands.

So the day has finally arrived.

May 1, I had been preparing for this day since day one.

It was the Day the True nature of the school was revealed.