Chapter 9 - Preparing for Midterms

"If you tell anyone what you just heard, you will regret it."

"And what will happen if I did tell?"

"Then I will tell everyone you raped me."

"That's a false charge..."

Click

"Now that's spicy." I said while pressing on the pause button.

It was approximately 50 minutes since I woke up from my nap. After I woke up and checked the time, I figured it was enough time for Kushida's rants to end on the rooftop and for that reason, I went to retrieve the Video Recorder.

It took quite a lot of time for me to find out which Rooftop Kushida used but after using the process of elimination and recording the Rooftops one by one at a certain time, I was able to find out which Rooftop she used. It would have been way faster if I had bought more than one Video recorder but I would have gone broke.

This Video Recorders battery life was quite a lot too which was very helpful.

Now why was I recording Kushida's Rants? It was simply a safety measure. A "Just in case" action. I figured that this will be very useful in the future.

I quickly added all the videos I had recorded till now to a flash drive and saved the videos to my Computer. I had made two folders for the videos, One for the Important ones and One for the Unimportant ones.

I then connected the charger to my Video Recorder since I needed to use it again tomorrow.

Now that all this is done, I should go eat dinner.

Then after an hour or two, I went to sleep.

-
I walked into the classroom like usual and looked towards my seat. And besides my seat to the left Horikita and Ayanokoji were talking. Somehow it was different today, Both of them looked a bit closer as if a wall between them had broken down.

Oh right. "That" must have already happened. The Fight between Siblings.

I guess she can handle the problem of recruiting Sudou and the others to join the study group on her own. I will help when I have to.

I should do my part now. It involved the reason why I visited Chabashira-sensei around 2 days ago.

I glanced at Horikita who was now quietly reading a book.

"Hey Horikita."

Horikita hearing me call her name turned to the right to face my direction.

"What is it?"

I quickly took out a few papers out of my bag and handed it to Horikita.

Horikita took the papers and started reading. I then explained the contents of the paper.

"As you can see in the paper, The Test's Topic have changed."

Hearing my explanation Horikita's eyes widened a bit but she quickly recomposed herself.

"Where did you get this? And how do you know this is real?" Horikita asked me with a stern expression.

"I got it from Chabashira-Sensei around two days ago."

Honestly, It wasn't really that simple. When I went to Chabashira-sensei, She said there weren't any announcements regarding the tests. Due to her blatant and obvious lie, I had to bluff my way through by telling her that I knew someone from outside the class who said that there were changes in the test and after awhile, She eventually relented but not without giving me a small smug smile. Which annoyed me to no end.

I had gotten the test changes a bit late because the exact date wasn't mentioned in the novel. Regardless, I got them as fast as I could. This should give the academically bad students a higher chance of passing the Test due to having more time.

Hearing my words, Horikita's eyebrows furrowed in annoyance.

"Why didn't you inform me sooner?"

"I have already informed Hirata and Kushida about this. They said we should tell this to each study group leader so that they can tell their group members when all of them get together to study today and that's what I am doing right now." 

Hirata will also be posting a picture in the Class Groupchat for people who didn't join any of the study group but I didn't tell this to Horikita since it wasn't important.

The annoyance on Horikita's face lessened a bit after hearing my words.

She then turned back to the papers in her hands and quietly read them again.

Now my part was done. I was now going to leave things to Ayanokoji and Kushida. They will get the First year's mock test and the other Test from a Third-year Class D student.

I had to maintain the original timeline as much as possible. If things changed, I would lose my sole advantage.

-
It was Thursday and As expected, Kushida was giving the Test papers she got from the Third-year to everyone in the class.

The Students who were having trouble in studying were overjoyed and expressed their thanks.

This development was a lot earlier than the original timeline. However, With all this, Everyone in the class had a higher chance of passing and getting a good score on the Test.

-
The Next few days went by in a flash and Friday quickly came.

The day for the Midterm Exams had arrived.