Chapter 10 - Midterm Exams

"There are no absences today, It appears everyone is present."

Chabashira-sensei strode through the classroom with a bold smile on her face.

“That’s the first hurdle for you leftovers. Are there any questions?”

“We’ve studied diligently these past few weeks. I don’t think that anyone will fail.”

“Oh my. You sound quite confident, Hirata.”

Almost everyone was. They had sufficient time to study for the tests and they even had the old test papers which had almost all the answers.

Our First test was Social studies.

“If anyone stumbles here, the other tests will be an uphill battle, quite frankly. You’ll take this midterm and the final exam in July. If no one fails either test, you’ll be rewarded with a vacation during your summer break.”

“A vacation?”

“That’s right. A dream vacation on an island surrounded by the brilliant blue sea.”

Ah yes, It will be a very good vacation. I thought sarcastically.
“Wh-what is this strange pressure…” one of the boys muttered.

Chiyabashira-sensei stepped back from the obvious tension the students exuded… mostly the boys.

“Everyone. Let’s do our best!”

“Yeah!” Ike howled along with my classmates.

I could see the girls giving disgusting looks to the boys who were hyped. The girls already knew what they were thinking.

In less than a minute, we had all received our test papers. All the students started reading the questions on the test, searching their memory and before long, They had all started answering.

-
The Next test was Japanese and after that It was Chemistry.

Due to the old test papers and my own personal studying. I was sure that I would get a high score.

Next came Mathematics and It was also very easy due to the same reason.

After that, It was break time.

-
Most students were reviewing the old test papers. While some people were in groups happily chatting away.

"This is an easy victory."

I could hear Ike shouting happily along with Yamauchi and Sudou. They are confident which is a good sign.

After awhile the bell rang, Indicating that the break was over.
It was time for our English test, After that the exams will be over.

-
"Phew"  I exhaled as I stretched my upper body.

The exams were finally over. My classmates had already gathered in groups to talk.

I saw Sudou coming towards me.

"Hey Akira, How did the test go?"

"I should be the one asking you that."

Sudou's face froze.

"Haha I am just joking. Don't take any offense."

Sudou's face then returned back to normal.

"I did good on the test, What about you? Any difficulties?" I asked.

"English was the hardest for me, even with the old test paper." Sudou lamented.

"I can understand. Even I had some difficulties with English."

"I am just waiting for the Test results." Sudou said.

"Same."

After that the bell rang Indicating the end of the school day.

"Oh it's time for my club, See ya Akira." Sudou waved.

"Bye."

Club practice on exam days? I guess he must have applied for extra classes.

Needless to say. The Midterm exams were officially over. And soon, The results will be out.

-
Today was the day the results will be out.

Chabashira-sensei strode through the door to the class podium with a surprised expression.

She observed every single student. She saw the nervous and anxious expressions of her students. They were in anticipation.

"Sensei, The results will released today right?" Hirata spoke up.

"Yes, That is right."

Before Hirata could ask anymore questions, Chabashira-sensei took a large rolled up white paper and stuck it to the board for everyone to see.

On the large paper, The scores of the students in each subject could be seen.

Many students had perfect marks and I was among them.

"Honestly, I am very Impressed. There are lots of perfect scores, I didn't think a bunch of defects could do this well." Chabashira-sensei said while clapping her hands.

"Defects" My classmates were already used to hearing this word thus, They didn't react and simply checked their scores.

The passing score was 40. I checked the students on the bottom of the list to see if anyone failed. As my eyes scanned the scores. My lips curled upwards.

"Nobody failed." I muttered with a smile.

"I didn't think I will ever say this to you students but Congratulations." Chabashira-sensei said.

Her words were definitely unexpected. As a result, Many students widened their eyes.

"Did she really...say that?" Ike muttered.

"Yes..." Yamauchi reassured Ike.

Chabashira-sensei then quickly left.

The atmosphere in the class changed just as fast, Seeing as Nobody had failed. The class became overjoyed.

"Let's gooooo!" Shouted Ike.

Many other students also joined him.

I merely smiled while watching them.

One hardship was gone. A Celebration was natural.

The Midterm exam had ended, Nobody failed.

With my actions, I had changed the original timeline.