Chapter 6 - Classroom of the Elite

Chabashira sensei looked around the classroom.

“All right, your morning homeroom is about to begin. Before we get started, does anyone have any questions? If so, now is the time to speak.”

“Um, I checked my point balance this morning, but I didn’t see any deposits. Points are given on the first day of every month, aren’t they? I couldn’t buy juice this morning.”

“Hondou, I already explained this before, didn’t I? Points are deposited on the first day of the month. I’ve confirmed that points were wired this month without any issues.”

“Um, but…nothing was deposited into my account, though.”

Hondou exchanged glances with Yamauchi.

"Are you kids really that dumb?"

"D-Dumb? What?"

Hondou was shocked.

I inwardly chuckled as I watched the exchanges between Hondou and Chabashira sensei.

“Sit down, Hondou. I’ll explain once more,” Sae-Sensei said.

Hondou sat down and waited for her to speak, then after a few seconds Chabashira-Sensei continued.

“Points were deposited. That much I know for certain. There is absolutely no chance that we forgot about anyone in this class. To think so is ludicrous. Understood?”

"But we haven't received any points..." Hondou said while perplexed.

“Hahaha! I see. So, it’s like that then, teacher? I think I’ve solved this little mystery.” Kouenji said while laughing.

Kouenji placed his feet on his desk and glanced towards Hondou with a smug.

"It's very simple, We didn't receive a single point because we are in Class D."

"What? Didn't the teacher say that we would receive 100,000 points ever-"

“I don’t really remember hearing that, though. Do you?” Cutting hondou off midway, Kouenji pointed at Chabashira-sensei with a chuckle.

“Although he has a attitude problem, Kouenji is exactly right. *sigh* Barely anyone seems to have noticed the hint I gave you. How unfortunate.”

Needless to say, The class exploded in an uproar. I could barely keep myself from smiling. Things were going rather well.

“Sensei, may I please ask you a question? I’m afraid I still don’t understand.” Hirata raised his hand and stood up.

“Can you please tell us why we didn’t receive any points?otherwise we won’t be able to completely understand”

Hirata somewhat knew that something like this was possible due to me, but for the sake of his classmates, He asked the necessary questions for them to understand.

“A total of ninety-eight absences and late arrivals. Three hundred ninety-one incidents of talking or using a cell phone in class. That is quite a few infractions over one month. In this school, your class’s results are reflected in the points that you receive. As a result, you wasted all of the 100,000 points that you should have received. That’s what happened.” Chabashira-sensei said in an emotionless voice.

The amount of late arrivals, absences and using a cell phone in class are all the same as the original novel.

“Chabashira-sensei. I don't remember hearing you explain that to us before—”

“What? Are you incapable of understanding something unless it’s explained in detail?”

“Of course. There was never any talk about reducing our points. Had that been explained beforehand, I’m sure we would have avoided being late or talking during class.”