48

Please comment if you have time, I worked really hard on this chapter♡

°°°

Every inch of Jungkook's body felt like it had been broken apart, then roughly glued together again. Rough on the edges, Jungkook still felt something piercing his insides. He couldn't take his eyes away from the one he thought to finally be free from and the one he loved.

The old man was here. Breathing. Holding onto Taehyung like he used to hold Jungkook's mother, forced to his side and being told to stay where she was. Finally, Jungkook could see how toxic their relationship had been, right from the start.

His father chuckled but before he could say something, Jungkook beat him to it. He was an adult now, he was the one in power. And Jungkook would not allow anyone to lay their hands daringly on his darling.

"Let go of him, now." The words were not snarled but sharp and cold, a dominance in his voice that was used to being heard and obeyed.

Guns were immediately pointed at him and Eunwoo, the latter raising his hands in the air slowly. Jungkook heard Taehyung saying his name, heard some shuffling and a whimper when the blond was dragged backwards by his hair.

The old Jeon lifted his hand and his men retreated the guns. Then, he spoke.

"I'm not angry with you, Son. I'm actually proud of you, you take so much after me", the old Jeon said, his fingers trading through Taehyung's beautiful golden hair. The boy whimpered in fear.

"I said to let go of him! This is between you and me, old fuck so you better leave Taehyung out of it!", Jungkook seethed, losing parts of his cool because he saw Taehyung being scared and on the urge of tears. The blond seemed unharmed but Jungkook didn't trust his father at all.

"Oh no, don't" said man smiled as if his son hadn't said anything. Jungkook tried to approach him but was forced backwards by the men.

"I don't plan on harming your boy. He's yours as much as your mother was mine", the old Jeon chuckled, a finger caressing Taehyung's temple. The beautiful male turned his head to the side, his adam's apple bopping as he gulped.

 "It's your decision what to do with your pretty boy", the old Jeon laughed, not saying a word how he could be alive when he was apparently shot dead by assassins. Assassins Jungkook had hired to get rid off the monster that raised him.

If it wasn't for him, Jungkook could've still be with his mother, his dear, amazing mother who was the cause of his father's obsession. It was all his fault, Jungkook would've never been so crazy for Taehyung if he was taught what was the right way of love.

Yet again, he was ignored by the man who raised hell upon him.

"You should've stayed dead, old man", Jungkook spat. A man leeched forward, his fist colliding with Jungkook's jaw and sending the mafia leader to the floor. Blood trickled down his nose while Taehyung screamed his name but was roughly shushed.

"Fuck, that felt good", the man said, shaking his fist. It was the spy planted in Jungkook's prison by the old Jeon himself to take records of Jungkook's enemies. When his spy reported the presence of a gorgeous little angel in even the same cell he had often put his lost lover in, the old Jeon had perked up.

But right now, that spy had become useless to him, plus he dared to lay his hands on someone very valuable. The old Jeon had plans, big plans with the Mafia that Jungkook built up and with his son himself. Having found his weakness, he could use it against him.

Taehyung, the lovely boy trembling in his hold, was of the same toxin that had once intoxicated him with love for the only woman he had ever been interested in. Jungkook was his son after all. Now, he had to teach his son a lesson.

"And it's going to feel good for me to discard you", the old Jeon said, pulling out a gun and shooting the spy. Taehyung screamed before he started to sob hysterically, making himself smaller and turning his head away so he was unable to see the blood seeping out of the chest wound and dirtying the carpet.

Jungkook got on his feet again, unimpressed as he wiped his nose but there was a fire in his eyes because Taehyung had to anticipate this violence. And for that, Jungkook was going to bring hellfire upon his old man.

The old Jeon sighed. "He was always bothersome, wanted to bring me down for taking his family but I offered him a job. Family love makes one weak, you know... but romantic love gives you power", he said, staring at his son in thought. Just in this moment, Taehyung squirmed in his grip and the elder man looked down to the crying blond. A demonic smile spread on his face.

"Indeed... why don't you take him right now?" With that, Taehyung was thrown into Jungkook's arms, gasping lowly as he crashed against the other's hard chest. No words were exchanged in between them as both were too shocked to utter a word towards each other.

"He's yours, so you have every right to take what you desire", the old Jeon smiled. Jungkook only looked at Taehyung before he replied back to his father.

"I won't do anything without his consent."

The old Jeon looked highly disappointed, had he not tried to beat that mindset out of Jungkook?! He snarled in disgust, face morphed into a picture of fury.

"Consent, bah. A stupid thing for the weak. We're Kings, Jungkook, the top of the chain! We don't listen to others, we take!" The old Jeon too was a Black Chess King, taught to be better than others, he was from higher breed, like an Alpha among weak wolves. He was meant to rule, to have everything!

It was bad enough his good for nothing son got him into this fucking wheelchair, tried to kill him off but now he was having a consciousness? Feelings like this should never be brought outside. Obsession was acceptable but love?! Love was for the weak who could be brought down.

Not for Jungkook. He was a Jeon.

But the old Jeon still underestimated the one he belittled. Unaware that the small pup had grown into a dangerous wolf. The old Jeon was stripped from power. He was not the King anymore. Jungkook was. And he hurt the King's beloved.

Jungkook looked up from Taehyung's frightened face, a hand resting on his beloved Taehyung's face. A humorless chuckle was freed from his throat before he lifted his head to face his father. Cold vile in his eyes.

"Is that the way you treated mother? Then no wonder she killed herself rather than staying with a monster like you..., his voice trailed off, meant to anger his father so his attention would be diverted from the dangerous topic regarding Taehyung.

And it did its deed, Jungkook still knew how to press the old man's buttons after all this time.

"She loved me! Don't you dare say something else! You were the one thing that got her weak, whom she loved more than me!"

The old Jeon held his rage back, shaking his head with a smile.

"No... let's not be angry over things that are in the past."

But then his eyes turned hard before he motioned his guards to point their guns at Taehyung. The blond sobbed, pressing himself more into Jungkook's side who shielded the gorgeous Chess Queen with his own body. Eunwoo to their side protested but a sharp, unnoticeable glare of Mr. Jeon shut him up. The old Jeon then turned his attention to his son and the trembling, scared little male next to him who was clutching so preciously onto Jungkook's sleeve.

"Take him, Son. Have him now and prove to me you're the man I trained you to be or watch the pretty little dove die in front of your eyes."

By the mentioning of the government nickname for exceptions, Jungkook perked up, Taehyung following his example, teary-eyed and trembling. Jungkook's shocked expression was enough for his father to snicker evilly.

"Oh, you thought I didn't know? Son, I was the one who gave the government the hint about your boy."

~

The old Jeon is an ultimate bitch. And not in a nice way

Elaboratae