(13) Stage two

Arabella pov~

I remained silent for the rest of the journey, getting out of the truck before Eric even turned off the engine and walking to the furthest station from him.  We started transporting the lorry loads into smaller carts and passing them off the abnegation members. I notice Tris sneaking to the crate room. I follow so I am within earshot of her conversation without being noticed or looking out of place.
"You weren't sick the day you took your aptitude test were you?" A familiar female voice spoke.
"What were your test results?" The woman continued. A short whisper followed before Tris replied.
"They were inconclusive." Tris stuttered out I knew what that meant.
"Divergent?" The voice answered saying what I was thinking. I had heard enough and moved back to carrying bags.

We moved out shortly after. I spent the hour journey back to dauntless faking sleep listening to Eric's heavy breaths feeling his eyes flick to me every once in a while. He mumbled a few times to himself before reaching over and brushing some hair away from my face. He sighed as he delicately placed the rogue strands behind my ear. He let out a heavy breath alerting me to how close his face was to mine. My eyes involuntarily flickered open and were met by his piercing blue ones looking at me filled with an emotion I could not quite place. He jumped back and wiped his eyes with his hand whilst leaving the remaining hand on the wheel.
"Sorry, I don't know what came over me. It won't happen again." He muttered almost as if he was unsure of himself in a way.
"Eric can we please talk about this?" I asked after a long moment of silence. He looked to me before huffing out a breath.
"Bella, there isn't anything to talk about. Please drop it." He grumbled and I finally gave up my composure.
"Eric, I cannot keep bloody doing this with you! First you lean in and try to kiss me then you say it was a mistake. Then I find you watching me in my sleep, moving my hair from my face and you play it off as nothing. Why can't you just be forward for once in your fucking life?!" I screamed out and he kept his eyes fixed on the road.
"Bella-," He started but I couldn't hold back any longer.
"Don't Bella me Eric. Just give me a straight explanation of what is going on or shut up!" I cut him off, rage consuming me.
"I CAN'T GIVE YOU A STRAIGHT ANSWER BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW OKAY. Happy?" He asked regret clear on his face for yelling but the anger was still there.
"Look you are infuriating ok. I always get what I want, I am a Dauntless leader for Christ's sake. But I cannot have you and it is driving me insane." He speaks out his breaths heavy as he speaks. I couldn't help but be confused.
"What do you mean you cannot have me?" I asked breathless at his confession.
"Because you are you. You are fours little sister, one of the initiates I am training and I cannot even talk about other things that stop me." He grumbled.
"All those things seem irrelevant to me." I stated and he sighed shaking his head.
"We are here lets go." He spoke gesturing for me to leave.
"I want you to be able to have me Eric. For me you are the only thing stopping that." I said hopping out of the truck and making my way inside.

"You ready for this Tris?" I asked looking to her as she sat bouncing her leg. Molly came out squirming moments later being dragged slightly by two older dauntless members.
"Tris." Four called and she took a deep breath. Before entering the room. After five minutes the door opened again and a calm looking Tris emerged. Everyone sat surprised at her time. I was next to go through the simulation.
"Bella." My brother called out and I stood. Might as well get it over with.
"You ready?" He asked as I sat in the chair similar to the aptitude test.
"As I ever will. Stick me chuckles." I joked and rested my head back as Four injected the serum.
"Just keep breathing through it you will be fine." He spoke reassuringly as the darkness enveloped me.

I woke up in a field running as mother chased me. I hadn't seen her since I was maybe 7.
"Mum?" I asked looking up to her.
"Who are you?!" She spat pushing me away.
"Mum it is me, Arabella." I spoke my voice quivering.
"You are no daughter of mine. I hate you! I HATE YOU!" She screamed out and tried to attack me. I sat there.
"This is not real." I spoke calmly as i held my hand up and she floated into butterflies and I lay down looking at them float away before being pulled back to the room i was truly laying in. Four had a horrified look on his face but tried to cover it.
"What was that look for?"
"Bella, what were your test results?" He asked.
"Dauntless." I spoke a little too quickly. He gave me a strange look before shrugging gesturing for me to go.
I nodded and walked back to the room we were all staying in.
"Hey guys, how did everyone find it?" I asked looking at the group who were sat between Will and Al's bed. Tris seemed to be the only one unbothered by her simulation similarly to me. Yesterday explained why.
"Yeah not to bad, I am kidding it was horrifying." Will spoke and Christina agreed. Al just sat staring into a wall and Molly was in the corner rocking.
"How did you find it Bella?" Tris asked and I took a second before replying.
"Horrifying, my dead mum tried to attack me." I spoke pretending it had an effect on me.
"You were still similar to me in time." Tris stated and I nodded. I wasn't going to risk discovery.
"How did you both do that?" Al asked as Peter made his way over to us.
"Yeah guys how did you beat it that fast. What is your trick." He asked and
I could already since the shit this man was about to stir.
"There isn't a trick Peter now fuck off." I deadpanned.
"Well at least tell your friends." He spoke and Al looked to Tris.
"Is there a trick, to make the simulations easier?" He asked looking pissed we had been keeping something.
"No Al as I just told Peter there is no bullshit trick." I spoke before getting up and going for a walk. I wandered around noticing Tris slipping up to the parlour. I make my way up behind her noticing her talking with Tori in hushed voices.
"What if they already know?" Tris asked as I walked in.
"Then you are already dead."Tori answered.
"I know what you are talking about now." I spoke revealing myself and Tris looked round in horror.
"Y-you do?" She asked fear laced in her tone.
"It's fine Tris she is in the same situation as you." Tori spoke and I glared at her.
"I wasn't planning on telling anyone but fair enough Tori. Also Tris yeah if the leaders know then you need to be careful. They are going to try and catch you out." I spoke and she nodded before I left. Maybe I can make it through this. But will it be at the cost of Tris?