(15) The attack

Arabella pov~

I gawked, disbelief crashing through me in violent waves. I looked up to Eric, his breathing slowing slightly as his body goes rigid.
"You throw like shit." He says walking over to the target retrieving his knives. He put two of the three blades down on the table, leaving the remaining blade in his hand. He moves toward me and I panic. Was he going to stab me? I quickly prepared myself for him to lunge at me but before I could properly find my footing, my legs were swiped out from under me. I expected to hit the ground with an aggressive thud but found myself grappling to his arm. He pulled me up but still prevented me from regaining my balance.
"Eric, let me stand." I demanded, wrestling with his hold.

"What if I say no?" He glared at me whilst he spoke. I had to stop and think for a second. I had no quick witty remark and god help me now if I stumble over my words. I look to him as he studies my face waiting for my retort by no words came. He held the knife firmly in his grip as he raised it. Shit. I really was going to die. I'll be thrown in the bottom of the chasm and found a week later. He slowly moves the knife upward before grazing the skin at the base of my neck. Eric drags the blade along my throat before reaching my chin and using the pointed edge to force me to look at him.
"Remember I am your superior, initiate." He spits before throwing the knife into the wall and storming out. I look in awe.

He missed. 

The knife was embedded in the second ring of the target. Maybe he was flustered after all. I walk over to the board and take the knife stuffing it in my boot. I have a feeling I might need this sometime. I make my way out of the training room and search for someone to talk to in our group only to find the corridors and food hall empty. Dauntless was never this desolate. I hear scuffling but the pit and turn heading towards the sound. Soon the small shuffling became loud booming cheers. A fight.

I soon find Uriah and zeke standing with them as they had a far better view than most. Two of the leaders were having what appeared to be a heated sparring match in the centre ring of the pit.

"Go on Charlie!" Zeke called rooting for a dauntless born leader who was a friend of his fathers. Charlie was a tall built man in his mid to late thirties with firey red hair and an array of stubble. His opponent was a candor transfer who had recently been appointed. Naomi was lean and slim but held muscle in her legs and arms. She dodged every blow landing small precise jabs to his stomach as her blonde braids flew behind her. Her bruised hands visible against her dark complexion. Naomi had earned her spot as a leader being top of her class and her notorious fighting skills. She appeared to be winning until Charlie noticed her patterned blows and gripped her wrist spinning her round and slamming her head first into the floor breaking her nose and knocking her out. He rose after checking her pulse and cheered before reaching down to gently take her to the infirmary. A hand grasped mine and I spin to see Al behind me with small beads of sweat dripping down his forehead. I open my mouth the speak but a sharp tug leave the words buried in my throat.

Al doesn't stop pulling until we are completely alone in a part of the compound I've never seen before.
"Al what are-."
"Don't say a word." He demands and I remain silent as he begins his rant.
"Look you need to stay in your bed tonight please I'm begging you." I stare at him stunned.
"What?"
"Just please say you will." He pleads and I only nod unsure of what is going on. I can feel my face contorting into a concerned look but he pays no mind to my expression and walks off.

After the strange interaction with Al I begin searching for four hoping to find him earlier to tell him I wasn't going to train tonight and enquire about tris.

"Hey, what's happened with tris?" I ask walking up to him as he repeatedly punches the orange bag.
"Don't. Know. Just. Left." He grunts out. Sweat pooled around his collar showing clearly he had been here for a while.
"Four, let's go. It's late she might be back in our quarters." I gently place my hand on his shoulder but he snaps and shrugs me off.
"Sorry, just stressed, come on let's walk you back." He says rubbing his forehead on a towel that was previously hidden tucked inside his back pocket. I nod and we start walking heading for the chasm. The lights were dim as it was past curfew. I hear a door slam and grunting. I look to four who has concern written across his face. We run toward the chasm to see this struggling and three hooded figures attempting to push her in. One is revealed to be Al which shakes me to my core.
"HEY!" Four calls running toward them with me hot on his heels. The first is sent hurtling to the floor after four smashes his head against the wall. I throw a quick jab breaking the nose of the second while Al just stands there stunned. I pull tris to the side watching as four continues fighting the attackers. I look to tris who is shaking.
"You alright?" I ask and she just nods silently. Four takes her to his where she will be safe. He looks to me to ask if I'm ok and I nod ushering them away. She will be safest with him.

I walk unsure of where my feet are taking me until I find myself at a familiar set of stairs. I haven't been up here since the accusations. I laughed a little. Life was so simple during stage one. No one could see inside my head or figure me out and Eric wasn't as confusing. I expected him to resort back to his favourite torture method, the silent treatment. I move to my usual seat and dangle my feet over the edge. Tonight had been far too eventful and the next few days were only going to get worse.

Tonight the large thudding footsteps never came and I remained alone as I sat in our spot.

A/N: Hey guys sorry this has taken so long to upload I've had no motivation to write anything and for some reason I've decided at 2:14 am I'm going to be productive and write a bunch of chapters so enjoy the chapters that will more than likely be riddled with spelling errors. <3