(7) Sunrises

Later that evening~

Arabella pov~

"Tris! Let's go do some target practice. Your killing me with the winces every time u move your hand. Pleaseee!" I groaned. I was sick of watching her hit a bag again and again.
"Fine,come on then." I beamed a brilliant smile at her before jumping up a little too quickly.
"Woah there. Careful. When was the last time you slept? Or ate?" I had survived on less sleep and food than this and it had no effects why was it hurting me now.
"Look our bodies are under a lot of stress Bella, you need to eat and get a good nights sleep." I nodded. She still didn't know about the nightmares and I didn't plan on telling her. I hated keeping things from her but it is best my dad remains a mystery. And anyways we had visiting day tomorrow so I didn't want her to say anything to her parents. If word got out he would find me and probably kill me. And then go after tobi. Not happening.
"You grab guns, I'll get ammo." I said picking up a bucket of plastic pellets.
"Fine by me." We made our way up to the roof but stopped still just before the door. Leaders sometimes train at night so we have to be cautious. After a few minutes with no sound we went out and set up. I was especially tired tonight so I doubt I'd be my best. Extra training with Eric was tiresome but it helped. I was now in first and I planned on keeping it that way. Tris had made it into 26th now and was improving quickly. I helped her train as much as possible and gave her a few tips my brother had given me.
"Earth to Bella?" Tris asked waving a hand in my face.
"Hm, sorry what were u saying?"
"Is your dad coming to visiting day?" I shook my head.
"No, he's busy with abnegation duties."
"Oh, I'm sorry." I shrugged and loaded my gun. Man I missed mum. I was far to young when she died, I barely remember her. I just remember the day she died as the day my father became a stranger. I shot the target twenty times rapid fire,forgetting to turn full auto off.
"Bella! Quick someone probably heard we gotta go." Tris whisper yelled at me. I sprinted after her as we kept across the rooftops. I heard someone yell from behind me and noticed tris was long gone inside. I saw the entrance and lept from the rooftop landing gracefully onto the net. I scrambled off as I heard voices. Crap.
"What the hell! No, you just want to use us. We are not leaving dauntless. No. She died years ago. I watched them bury her. Bye." I heard my brothers voice. I walked along the corridor to see him pacing outside his room.
"Bella! What are you doing out here?!" I smiled meekly.
"We were practicing on the roofs and I forgot to turn it off full auto and someone came. Tris found a way inside,I jumped through the initiates entrance." He chuckled and opened the door to his apartment, gesturing me inside. I walked into his apartment. It had the best balcony. I had climbed onto it multiple times to escape leaders. He always left his doors unlocked for some reason. I'm pretty sure I could get into Eric's if I wanted. I hadn't seen him since the fight. He didn't even show up to training.
"You need to be more careful or you are going to get caught. You want to sleep here tonight?" I nodded and walked into the bathroom. Throwing on a massive t shirt he left out for me when I stayed here. He helped me sleep a little longer and it stopped me getting reported for waking up the other initiates so max allowed it. I walked into the kitchen to get a glass of water when I heard moaning. The loud noises were coming from Eric's room. So that's why I haven't seen him. He ditched training to fuck some random girl. Nice. I grabbed my drink quickly before scurrying into fours room.
"Sorry about that bells. Let's just try to get some sleep yeah?" I nodded slowly taking a sip of water before climbing into the bed. The walls were white with the odd few walls in grey. The bed dipped behind me and I snuggled into my brother. We had done this as kids. Before to long I drifted to sleep.

Eric POV~

"Leave." I commanded and the girl ran with her tight gold dress barely on. I could have sworn I heard four talking to someone next door. It's usually dead quiet on his end except for the odd few conversations at the same time. I felt bad about blowing off Bella for some girl I picked up at the bar but I needed to get her out of my head. I had hurt her and she probably thinks I'm a monster. Hell I am a monster. She needs to fear me so she will stay away. A loud blood curdling scream came from next door followed by hushed voices.
"Please get it to stop tobi. I can't go on like this." A female voice spoke. I couldn't tell who it was as the walls muffled sounds. I heard some more talking before a door closing. I didn't bother putting my shirt back on before I left. I saw a flash of brown hair going up to the roof. I waited a while before following the woman. I didn't get onto the roof as the cobblestone would make to much noise. I saw a mass of brown hair surrounding a girl. Sobs escaping her lips as she buried her head in her arms. Her hair blew revealing the side of her leg. A large rose tattoo covered her thigh that could only belong to one girl.
"Bella?" I asked walking forward. Her head shot round and her crystal blue eyes were full off tears. She quickly wiped them and stood up going to leave.
"Wait. What happened? Why are you staying with four? And why on earth were you screaming?" I asked slightly annoyed that she stayed with four before shaking my head. That is not my priority.
"Nothing happened. I fell and screamed cause I bashed my arm. And I was just talking to him as a friend. Please leave me alone Eric." She spoke turning around and sitting by the edge. I walked behind her and sat so she was between my legs.
"Eric-." I cut her off.
"Shhh, let's just watch the sunrise." She lent back slightly getting comfortable. Her head lent against my collarbone and she pulled her legs against her chest. I pulled her closer towards me and wrapped my arms around her hoping to comfort her. She sighed snuggling into me.

I let out a small puff of air smoke coming out due to the cold, crisp morning. A million questions filled my mind. Why was I comforting her? Why should I care? Why is she asleep on my lap in a place only I was meant to know about?