𝐈

Damon sighed tempestuously, shutting the front door behind him

Damon sighed tempestuously, shutting the front door behind him. He'd had a busy day. Running through the mountains after Elena and Alaric. He strolled into the living-room, he lifted his gaze. His eyes widened slightly as his lip dropped, halting in his step. Staring at the man - who shared a resemble with him - sat in the armchair. Hands inlaced in his lap, his legs crossed.

"Matthew." Damon greeted, blinking at his brother, who wore his usual 'serious-ness' frown.

"Hello brother." Matthew drawled out, eyes propping into Damon's as he watched him slowly approach. Damon furrowed his brows "What are you doing here?"

"Can't I visit my little brothers, when I miss them?" The suited Salvatore vampire remarked. Damon chuckled "No. You don't miss us, Matthew. You keep tabs on us."

"Fine." Matthew got to his feet, shooting the younger Salvatore a demanding look "It's come to my attention that this town had an episode with our ripper of a brother." He narrowed his eyes "Speaking of, where is Stefan?"

"Oh, you know him." Damon smirked at his brother "Grooming his hero hair. Feasting on bunny rabbits."

"Damon." Matthew growled in warning, blocking the ravenette's path to the table cluttered with alcohol and glasses. Damon sighed, smiling sheepishly. He knew better than to push his brother too far. He opened his mouth and retold the past events his had missed out on.

"Christ Damon!" Matthew bellowed.

"I know, I know." Damon nodded "Don't blame me, he's the one that sacrificed himself."

"It's also your fault. Everyone knows werewolf bites are fatal to vampires." The older Salvatore scolded, before narrowing his eyes, looking at his brother questionably "Why were you getting involved with werewolves anyway?"

Damon licked his lips, nervously. Unsure how his brother would react to there being another doppelganger "Well..."

________________

Matthew humed lazily before pulling himself out of bed. After dressing in black jeans along with a long sleeved shirt, he causally made his way down the stairs.

"A hybrid who wants me dead, and his sidekick who's off the rails? I couldn't be further away."

He turned his head after his feet hit the last step. Gaze drifting to the living-room. He knew that voice anywhere. It belonged to the woman who was partly responsible for what he and his brothers were; vampires. He followed the trail towards the living-room. He hadn't seen Katherine seen 1864, which he'd always been greatfully for.

"Which means you know exactly where they are." Damon remarked, a smirk on his lips. Hardly noticing his brother. Who entered the room without a sound. Gaze fixed on him, ears taking in every word.