𝐕

Matthew's hand slid along the railing as he causally strolled down the grand staircase

Matthew's hand slid along the railing as he causally strolled down the grand staircase. The familar tune of Man about the house grew louder whilst he neared the parlour. It was the early hours of the morning when Matthew and Sidney had arrived at the boarding house. To find it dead to the world much like the rest of the town. It hadn't taken Sidney long to find his uncle Damon's private collection. Much to Matthew's amusement.

Niether Damon nor Stefan had any idea what they were in for, nor were they prepared for their devious nephew. Matthew's lips twisted in a small smile, eyes shining slightly, his son had already made himself at home. He entered the parlour to see Sidney sat in one of the armchairs, with his legs thrown over one of the arms.

"Morning, dad." The blonde Salvatore's eyes flickered to him, smiling lightly.

"Sid." Matthew drifted to the table behind the sofa. From the chair, Sid watched as his father poured himself a drink. He half-narrowed his eyes, mently crossing his fingers before he opened his lips "Dad." Matthew humed in response "If there was, hypothetically, a race track in town." Matthew placed the bottle down, picked up his glass and looked at his son "Could...I...Y'know..." he smiled sheepishly.

Matthew blinked slowly, debating about as Sid watched him hopefully. He supposed as long as Sidney stayed out of Klaus' way, he'd leave his son to his own devices. Sidney wasn't stupid, nor was he looking a fight "I suppose you can."

"Yes!" Sidney cried beaming, taking his legs of the chair, jumping to his feet.

"However," Sidney froze, looking in his father's direction curious. Matthew had one brow raised, a serious glint in his eye as he gave his child a stern look "Keep out of Klaus' way. He and Stefan are at war with one another. Damon too. I don't want you involved."

"Ok. I'll do that." Sidney beamed, he raised his brows, eyes shining "I give you my word."

Matthew smiled at his son. Bring his glass to his lips. Amusement swirling in his eyes. Sid was quick to forget that he was carless. However he didn't know that there was an army load of cars in the garage.

"Where the hell have you been!" A male's voice screeched. The blonde and ravenette Salvatores turned their heads to the doorway to find a enraged Damon, glaring and pointing at Matthew angerily. Matthew merely looked at his brother, unfazed as Sidney stared at his uncle curiously. Damon clocked the blonde after a second, swinging his finger to him "Who's he?!"

Sidney raised his brows at his uncle as his father rolled his eyes. It was typical of Damon to forget. Afterall, he was the only one of the three brothers that knew about Sidney. Matthew had sent him pictures of his nephew, as he had sent birthday, Christmas and general gifts to Sidney, over the years "Damon," Matthew glared lightly "you remmber the letters I sent you."

Damon dropped his finger, brows scrunching together. Thinking. He looked between the men infront of him. Noting the similarities. His brows flew to his hairline "Sidney?"