𝐈𝐈

Matthew released a sigh through his mouth as he entered the kitchen

Matthew released a sigh through his mouth as he entered the kitchen. He was exhausted. From being dragged across the country by Damon and Katherine, and from being up and about twenty-four hours. He disregarded his books from the library on the table before heading for the fridge.

"Who might you be?" A feminine voice reached his ears as his hand almost reached the handle.

He turned, eyes landing on a blonde woman peering at him cautiously, with the faintest spark of curiosity swirling in her blue orbs. He tilted his head, gaze racked her form up and down for a millisecond before fixing it's self on her face. He stepped forward, pulling out a card and offered it to her.

She took it, keeping his gaze before examining it. He watched intensely as her brows furrowed. She was beautiful, he'd give her that. And had a British accent, much like himself. He retracted his previous steps. He took a bottle of wine from the fridge "Fancy a drink?"

She looked up, taking in the sight as he placed two glasses on the table. She nodded "Professor Salvatore, chemistry scientist." She watched as he poured the wine into the glasses before grasping one of them. Handing it to her, fingers brushing as the glass slipped into her grasp "Which Salvatore would that be?" She took a sip.

"Matthew." He shifted his weight "Who might you be?"

"I'm Rebekah." The blonde smirked sweetly "Pleasure, I'm sure."

"Your Klaus' sister, aren't you?" He breathed.

"Hm,"

He narrowed his eyes at her, titling his head "Why stay here? You're an Original, shouldn't you be with Klaus? He is your brother afterall."

"He left me here."

Matthew chuckled making her throw him a glare. He picked up his glass, glancing at the blonde "I see. I'd choose the mistress' room if I were you. It's the biggest in the house, and the warmest." He gathered his books, turning and held her gaze "Enjoy your stay, Rebekah."

She narrowed her eyes "Professor Salvatore, I didn't think there'd be a gentleman amongst those dogs you call brothers."

Matthew chuckled, not saying a word as he left. The original turned watching him go curiously. She turned her gaze to the bottle of wine he'd left. She narrowed her eyes, intrigued.

________________

"Welcome back, seniors." Alaric greeted, taking a piece of chalk in his hand and wrote the title of the new topic "Let's turn our brains back on, starting with this country's original founders...the Native Americans."

"What about the Vikings?"

Elena, Caroline and Bonnie's eyes widened slightly as Stefan bowed his head, wanting the original there as much as they did. Alaric's mouth hung open. Rebekah took a seat, smiling innocently.