♦️Going to the Palace

"Good morning, Cale-nim!" coming through the door just then was Choi-Han dressed as always.

"Choi-Han." Cale didn't look at him as he nodded, drinking from his coffee cup. The rest greeted the sword master more enthusiastic. He sat down next to Lock whom he noticed the drained face of.
The rest resumed breakfast.

"?, Is something wrong?" he asked Lock who then turned his face to his (older) friend. Lock sighed, "My daughter sneaked out in the middle of the night to Master Cale without my notice.. I thought she had been kidnapped had I not been able to find her like this!".

Choi-Han liked at Fenris who didn't look at them, she pointedly looked and chatted with her sorta cousins. He patted Lock's back.

A maid soon brought other things onto the table; more tableware and dishes.. or juicy drinks.
The kids were already finished with their breakfast, so, Cale told them to bring in the desserts.

~Sometime later~

Lock, with Fenris besides his hip, waves back at Cale. He was heading back to his tribe now, and Fenris to her lessons, "Bye master Cale, see you soon!". Without waiting, Fenris took a headstart and rushed inside the forest first.

Cale's trio of troublemakers were encouraging her action with hollering laughter and cheers, much to Lock's confusion, but that was only short-term, "Fenris!!".
He rushed after her, heading home.

After they were out of earshot, Cale coughed. "I need to get going too, Alberu asked me yesterday through the globe to come for a meeting".

Choi-Han turned to face him, hand resting comfortably on the hilt of his swort due to habit.

"I will accompany you Cale-nim."
"You don't need to do that."
"We three will come too!"

"..." not able to win this, Cale just left to grab his commander jacket and asked Ron to get the carriage. The kids played joyfully for being able to come along (even though Cale would at least ask that they play in the castle garden instead of coming into the conference hall with him). Choi-Han went over to the drivers seat once the carriage was there. Once Cale came, they left, the servants bowing at their departure till they were out of sight.

The trip was going fine; the kids were amusing themselves with a magic toy that made random sounds the kids would have to guess, Choi-Han was next to Hans who was driving while keeping a lookout - and ignoring the short commotion that came from inside the carriage-, and Cale was taking a short nap under soundproof magic. -Cast by the mighty Raon!

Creak..
"Welcome!"

The palace gates were opened by the saluting guards. The horses continued on until they passed through the big gardens and to the entrence of the palace. Choi-Han opened the door, looking at the kids and Cale. He stepped in and softly tried shaking him awake, Raon canceled his magic.

"Mmm, mmh?" a red eye blearily opened up, the other opened up as the person saw Choi-Han.
"We're here Cale-nim."

Cale sat up, suppressing a yawn, before heaving himself out of the carriage. Raon had grabbed Hong with his limbs while On was being held up by his magic, he let them down once outside. Cale turned to them, but they were already scurrying towards the garden. He scratched his cheek with one finger, 'Guess they had already planned something..'.

He sighed before turning towards the Palace "Time to see our tired Emperor". Close behind him, Choi-Han sweatdropped.

Throughout their walk, many people - Knights, maids, butlers, handmaid's and many more - bowed when they saw them pass by. They were esteemed heroes afterall! They went up three floors, where the Conference hall was. But they went up one more floor, to the fourth, where Alberu's study was.

Cale pressed down the doorknob opening the door, without giving a knock to alert the person inside. A blond head shifted on the desk, blue eyes which had focused on the papers before them looked up.
".. Cale, would you mind knocking next time?"
"If I need to, but it's a habit of mine that I don't want to correct."

Alberu sighed, he put his fountain pen down while his two friends entered his room. Cale going to one of the two couches while Choi-Han leaned against the shelf a bit more behind him.

"Well I'm here, so what did you need me to come for?"
"While I'd like to say to help me with paperwo-" Cale was at the window with the sound of the wind around him, both halted.
".. I doubt I'd be able to convince you to do so without money being involved. For now - for the love of my heart - please get away from the window."

"..." Cale went back to the couch, sat down, and acted like nothing happened.

Alberu stood from his chair, and slowly around his desk. Going to the door "Let's, ha.., just go to the conference hall. I'll fill you in on the way." Meanwhile Choi-Han was thanking the stars that Cale didn't cough up blood.

Shortly after, when they walked on the third floor. "Delegates from the South?" Choi Han questioned.

"Yes, further more, from a land where there had never been visitors before. Even in the former empire I had never heard of their arrival." Alberu walked ahead, Cale and Choi Han close by.

Cale's eyes looked up in thought still going along, "So you ordered me over here for.. Impact? Or to help you scam them? Dear Emperor I'm sure I said before that I only resort to such things - as well as others - for the good of the kin-Empire I mean."

Alberu chucked slightly, "And this visit is not for the good of the Empire? But besides that, since they came from a southern land overseas I thought maybe their language will be.. different from the norm".

The two following behind him halted.
"Wait they are from overseas..?"
"Your highness believes they could be...uhm, pre-korean people? But wait, don't we have a language device? Can't you understand them with that?".

Alberu halted turning around to them, neither had noticed Cale's expression of confusion and anxiety yet. "Well, yes. But while Eruhaben-nim is already trying to make them understand the purposes of our magic devices, their outlandish magicians don't seem that comfortable regardless".

"I see.. What do you think Cale..-nim?", Choi Han had glanced at him only to see him look to the ground. Hearing the other Cale looked up, "Huh? Oh.. Well.. Would it be alright if I attended as one of my alternate versions?".
Alberu blinked, "Why?".

"Nothing I just.. If its the land I think it is.. I heard how they are quite adverse against red hair".
Alberu tilted his head thinking, "Is that so..". He looked at Cale for a prolonged while, Choi-Han glanced between them going from one to the other.

Clack

All three turned to the Conference hall, it was Eruhaben. "Are you coming in soon? I have sensed your presence for the past five minutes standing outside. Hmm..? What is wrong with Cale? Don't tell me he overused them again".

To Eruhaben's relief, Choi-Han shock his head. Alberu at the same time sighed, "Fine. But if it's not the land you speak off I would appreciate it if you turned back later".

There was a question mark over Eruhaben's head. "Thank you your highness", Cale then changed into Naru.. An older version in some ways. Eruhaben blinked, he then turned to look between the trio for an explanation.

"Later" Alberu said, going to the door. The other two followed. Before entry, Cale asked Eruhaben to change the colours of his outfit a bit.. The others' eyebrows rose as his lip quirked. He sighed, "Whatever, if you think you need it you fool, who am I to stop you when the other two don't seem the need to do so". He snapped his fingers before turning around, his golden hair swaying behind him.

Cale smiled slightly, then it faltered. 'Let's see who it is..'