♦️Smeared secret

As much as the two wanted to talk to Cale again, they were advised to either return to their office, or to please go and get the kids from the garden. Seeing Cale who looked at them, they inwardly sighed before going along with his request.

"Very well, I will see you at dinner then".
"I'll see to how the kids are doing then, Cale-nim".

"As long as dinner will be just us, I'm not against it. And thank you Choi Han, I'll be in my room". Cale left first, closely followed by the swordsmaster and Alberu.

On his way Alberu wondered for what reason Cale was so insistent of hiding from the delegates. I mean, sure, his hair color is rare and probably a big key feature to recognize him, but he's avoiding them like they were Clopeh.

For the next week he barricaded himself in his room.

'This is getting excessive' everyone thought. On the other hand, one of the delegates frequently visited the library. It seems the records of the war era that passed barely 7 or 10 years were very interesting to read. Even the big woman joined them, the guards on duty also reported that they heard her laughing very often.

"Should I take him to the mage tower with me?" Rosalyn one day proposed in Alberu's office.
"No, it's fine, leave him be. I'm sure that he'll bounce back eventually. He doesn't stay quiet when there is trouble around, even when it is dangerous for him."

""..."", no one could deny the logic.
"I find it important that we find out what exactly disturbs him, then we can help" Choi-Han hung his head, he was troubled too.

Alberu turned to the kids, "So you kids heard or noticed anything?". They all looked to be in thought.

On: He seems to dislike his hair very much, but he's fine with mine.
Hong: Right, right! He also doesn't want us to light any candles or torches or firebowls. He says that he didn't want to be seen..?
Raon: I heard him say that he is not at fault, though I don't what he meant. He also spoke their names sometimes, and he sweats often when we're not there and it's quiet.

"Hm.. Perhaps, he really is from Egypt? It seems the most plausible" Eruhaben tilted his head, 'He's always in conflict with himself, unlucky bastard'.

"So we're going with that idea...okay fine. Jack, Cage, what do you think? Anyone of them want to confess something?" Alberu looked at the small communication spheres, some showing their allies, while some where dark, inactive.

<Your highness, I talked to the god of death last night, to see if they knew anything.>

"And?" Alberu looked at the communication device where Cage and Stan were seen.

<Well, once I told them about Cale and his reaction to the southern delegates two days ago, they seemed to almost explode. They left and I woke up shortly. Haven't heard anything since.>

Hannah then spoke up, her brother behind her a bit nervous, <Yeah, well, Jack was in prayer around then, talking with the sun goddess.. when she was suddenly getting hit by the goddess of death>.

Jack was hard pressed to look calm, the memory shaking him still <T-They yelled at her about how she just let 'them' into the Roan Empire without consulting with them. Especially seeing their history with Sir Cale..which I didn't exactly understand.. >.
Alberu got into a thinking position, it was fishy..

"Why would they both need to talk about this..? I'm starting to think those delegates could be enemies of some sort."

Cage shook her head "Usually I would be glad that I'm not getting bothered by the Goddess, but since the last time, I've not heard anything from her. If its getting worse.. I'll try to reach out".
Alberu nodded, "Please".

Hannah glanced at her brother and put a hand on Jack's shoulder, he looked back at his sister who nodded resolutely. Jack coughed.
"So.. This morning during prayer time I was able to see the two argue actually. They both talked about how..uhm..Set should never again have to see them, but the Sun-goddess disregarded and or forgot about that. The goddess of death even said that Egypt had been too cruel to him, and that he did not deserve what happened. That the rumors about Seth are just dumb rumours.. But the truth behind them is a bunch of words that stand mixed up. It's all 'a bunch of bu'—" Hannah slapped her mouth on Jack's mouth looking pale.

How she wanted to curse at the  gods for not filtering their fucking language! When Jack confided to her as usual about the gods, she felt her nerves snap again. 'Ah, patience where are you flying to?'

Mixed up.

So someone else or something caused misfortune and now the responsibility falls to the shoulders of a third person..? Or is it that two people, two sides, are being confused with each other? The attacked and the attacker. Which is Cale's role? Who is Seth?

"I.." they turned to Choi-Han who was thinking hard, "I barely heard it before.. In my old world."

They waited for him to continue.
'It's unusual for him to speak of his home world with us here' Rosalyn thought. Choi-Han was focused on the ground as he spoke thinking.

"In my old world Seth is the egyptian god of War... Nephthys who is a goddess was his wife and sister, with Osiris and Isis bring his two older siblings. Ra is Egypt's supreme Goddess of the sun. Horus is Isis's son, and her husband Osiris was killed by Seth, who in turn was banished from Egypt by Horus.
... A relative of mine liked myths, I heard it from them. Seth was an evil God, of sand and storms. Isis was the goddess of magic, Osiris was the God of life and king of the Egyptian underworld, Duat. Nephthys was peace.. I don't know about Thoth or Maat though, but they weren't cruel gods...".

[Wow, your already quite well informed then.]
They snapped to attention, the voice of the Goddess of death!

Wait..They seemed upset and vengeful.
Alberu looked up at the ceiling, almost through it like everyone else actually with him "Are we now? Anything you want to add to our minimisal information gathering then~?".

[.. Your as unpleasant as ever. But I'll ignore that. However I do have something to share with you all.]

"...", Raon and his siblings got inpatient but held it off.

[I wasn't going to reveal this to anyone but seeing where we are now I don't think it matters much. But anyway: The Cale you know was reincarnated as Seth, he did not know of it however. But he, as I have come to know, was the same overall. He..wasn't as fortunate with those siblings of his however, his primary family.]

....They heard of Isis and Horus. Of Ra and Nephthys. And of course-

'OSIRIS' the temperature dropped to Arctic levels, furniture got frostbite from the emotionally influenced magic unleashed from the group's magically apt people, the rest killed it with killing intent.

No matter who, if one of the delegates waltzed in for whatever reason, they would be dead - if not for their immortality - by various reasons. There could be a multiverse for it alone.

[Well bye, I hope you'll be mindful. I will be leaving now, I have to make sure no other gods will enter, GoS is helping me now.]

Revenge. Punishment. Killing. Consolation. Comfort. Confronting. Lecture. Torture.

What would their next approach be?