ii

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

It was currently 8:55 am, and Fatima was dashing down the busy streets of Atlanta

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

It was currently 8:55 am, and Fatima was dashing down the busy streets of Atlanta.

"Turning signals. Use your turning signals, geez" she yelled, honking her horn at the car in front of her.

She had to be at work by 9:00. Time wasn't on her side today. It was crazy because she woke up on time and left the house on time. Somehow, she still ended up being almost late.

"Thank you Jesus" she sighed turning into the plaza. She checked the time again seeing it was 8:58. She drove around the parking lot to find somewhere to park.

She fought back the tears that threatened to spill out of her eyes, seeing there were no parking spots in the front of the building. Just her luck.

Her frown quickly turned into a smile seeing someone backing up out of their parking spot. When they left, she quickly turned in, not caring about how she parked. It was 8:59 now. Only a minute before she had to be there.

Being punctual was usually one of her strong suits, but lately, she's been thrown off her game. This would only be her second time with her new client, and she was already making herself look bad.

Clicking off her seatbelt, she quickly opened the car door, holding it open with her foot. "Please, please, please God. If this isn't the job I'm supposed to be doing, let me know" Fatima pleaded grabbing her suitcase, purse, and coffee.

Looking around one more time, she literally jumped out of her jeep, kicking the door closed behind her. She began jogging to the door feeling her heart thump in her chest.

When she reached out to open the door, it was pushed open from the inside knocking her down. Her coffee spilled all over her in the process.

"Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cryyyy" she coached, slowly standing up and trying to ignore the cold liquid that covered her clothes.

"It's 9:05," a familiar voice said, and she lost her cool.

"Okay, I understand that I'm late, but I just had a bad morning. And to top it all off I'm freezing cold now with sticky iced caramel coffee all over me, and I don't have a change of clothes. I'm so sorry for being late, I really am, but I think it's pretty obvious that I'm trying and that I'm having a bad morning. Now if you excuse me, I have to prepare for our meeting that you will be attending and you will listen to the amazing lineup I have planned for you that'll boost your career like no other. Thank you, excuse me. And you're welcome" she spat staring up at Von, who could care less about her little fit.

POWER TRIPजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें