iiii

"Hey baby, I missed you" Fatima cooed, strapping Nassim into his car seat

"Hey baby, I missed you" Fatima cooed, strapping Nassim into his car seat. She felt eyes glaring at the back of her head but chose to ignore it. Nassim's babbles filled her ears making a wide smile stretch across her face.

"Better have my son back by eleven on Sunday" Nassim's father spoke, lighting a cigarette. Fatima rolled her eyes going to the driver's side of the car.

"If you don't, Ima call the police on yo ass. They gone lock you right up for kidnapping."

Fatima got into her car, slamming the door shut. She couldn't wait to leave the presence of Nassim's father. The moment she arrived, she was bombarded with insults and questions. The man was extremely disrespectful towards her for no reason.

She hated that she had to go through so much just to see her baby brother, and there was nothing she could do about it, yet. She was trying, but due to her irresponsibility, the process had to take longer than she would like.

She sped out of the apartment complex and made her way through the busy streets of Atlanta. She played music as she drove, occasionally looking through the review mirror to look at Nassim.

He chewed on his pacifier with his eyes shutting slowly. Fatima let out a soft sigh, shaking her head. She had a few things to do today and she was more than ready to get it over with.
▬▬▬▬▬

'Crazy Story' by Von blasted through the house as Fatima was bent over the toilet, vomiting violently. She felt like her organs were trying to come out throat her throat and she'd never felt a pain like that before. It felt like an icy hot fire that suffocated her. She hadn't eaten anything and every time she gagged it felt like she was a step closer to death.

Her body was going through withdrawals, and it was extremely painful. From the cold sweats to the burning of her throat from the acidic bile. It made her regret taking the pills.

It made her regret meeting Brent.

Part of her felt like she should take responsibility for her actions. I mean, she didn't have to keep taking the pills, nor did she have to swallow them the day they were given to her. But at the same time, they were given to her by someone she trusted. Someone who obviously knew the effect of the drug and how addicting it was.