iiii

Two weeks later

Two weeks later

"No. Absolutely not. Do you think we're about to settle for 1k? No. I am a businesswoman, not an Instagram small boutique owner. I know how to make things shake and you are not about to sit here and play in my face".

Von watched Fatima argue with the venue owner from afar, his bottom lip tucked between his teeth.

It was about 5 in the evening, and Fatima wanted to check out the venue before Von's show tonight. It wasn't a big one, just a few songs, and a club appearance. Fatima was taking it extremely seriously.

She felt as if the owner of the venue was trying to play her, which he was. She was not going for it whatsoever.

"DUURRRKKKK?" she yelled like Soulja Boy. "Fuck a Durk. I never told you he was coming. I said King, excuse my French, muthafucking Von. The real Voice of the Streets, fuck outta here" she cussed at the middle-aged white man.

Von chuckled to himself, shrugging his shoulders. He told her the game everyone liked to play with him. They always booked him or paid him to perform in hopes that he'd bring Durk. At this point, he didn't even care. He was still making money and living out his dream, even if it wasn't to the fullest.

He also found her cursing hilarious because it was something she never did. She was super angry with the man in front of her though.

"Von, I'll be back. I and Jimmy have something to discuss... in private... so yeah. B-R-B" she said grabbing the white man by the collar of his shirt and speed-walking away.

Not even 5 minutes later, the two came back staring dead at Von. Fatima squealed running to him, which made him stand up.

Not expecting him to stand up, Fatima ran into his chest, quickly wrapping her arms around him so she didn't fall. "Woah. Your stomach is really hard" she said before thinking. "Pause" she cringed at how her words sounded.

Dayvon chuckled, looking down at her. Though he would never admit it, he liked being in her arms. It seemed like every time she got good news and he was around, she would just jump into his arms. He liked it though, it made him feel special.