30

Tony made sure that Peter was safe in his bed before securing Richard in the Raft. Nat, Steve and Bucky had already beat him to it, but Tony just wanted to double check.

"Tony, we've got this, okay? You need to be with Peter right now. You can see Richard later." Nat said to him. Tony sighed and nodded before walking away.

He walked back to Peter's room and sat with him until he woke up. When he saw Peter attacking Richard, he was terrified. He was hitting him so hard, and of course he deserved it, but he couldn't die. And Tony was frightened of Peter getting hurt in the process, and he did. He had a concussion, severe bruising and a nasty cut down his arm.

Tony knew he had enhanced healing, so he would be fine within a day or two, but it still freaked him out.

He cleaned up Peter's wounds and changed him into comfortable clothes before he woke up. Tony made sure he was by the boy's side the whole entire time, holding onto his hand.

It was 2am when Peter finally woke up. His eyes were so heavy that he kept them closed for a few more minutes. Come to think of it, all of his limbs were heavy. He felt a hand clinging on to his, stroking his thumb slightly. Peter couldn't help the whine of discomfort that he let out, making Tony sit up.

"Hey, are you awake?" Tony whispered, trying not to trigger his enhanced hearing. It took a while for Peter to compose himself. He licked his dry lips before speaking.

"Y-Yes." He said, his voice cracking and his eyes still shut. His throat was insanely sore and his head was pounding. He just wanted to go back to sleep. The drugs worked a little bit but they obviously didn't give him a high enough dose to work with his metabolism.

"Open your eyes, kid. You can't fall asleep, you have a concussion." Tony said softly. Peter let out another whine.

"I know, I know, I'm sorry." Tony soothed the boy until he finally squinted his eyes open, taking a moment to adjust to the light. "There you go." He smiled at Peter.

"My...my throat h-hurts..." Peter said, his words slurring from the sedation.

"Don't speak then, sweetheart. Just sign to me."

"No...n-no 's okay...can't lift my- my hands up very well a-anyways." Tony sighed and moved closer to him.

"I told you not to go after him, Peter." He muttered and rubbed his forehead. He knew that this was a conversation for when Peter wasn't drugged, so he wasn't going to take it any further than that. Not until Peter started silently crying.

Tony immediately reached a hand to his face and wiped his tears away. "Hey, hey. It's okay, I'm not mad, I just wish you would've listened to me. That's all."

"S-Sorry...'m sorry." Peter hiccuped.

"Sh, stop crying, kid. We can finish this conversation when you're not high." Tony chuckled, running a hand up and down Peter's arm.

"My...head hurts. Head hurts bad." Peter said and started to close his eyes again.

"Hey, stay awake. You have a concussion, remember? That's why your head hurts." Tony said while tapping on his shoulder. But Peter kept his eyes closed.

"Peter, open your eyes." Tony said again, a little more stern. The kid wanted to cry. He just wanted to sleep, he was in so much pain, but he obeyed.

"Hurts." Peter slurred.

"I know, come on, sit up." He said and placed a hand on his shoulder to pull him upwards, but Peter protested by pushing back down and letting out a sob.

"Peter, if you stay laid down you'll be tempted to fall asleep. Please sit up for me."

"Don't wanna."