38

Peter liked to sit in his hut. He was alone, and he had a nice view. Besides, it was comfy. When he wasn't sitting in his hut, he was either in a session or talking with Shuri.

But right now, he was sat on his bed and sketching on the piece of paper with his pencils. He had just finished his twelfth session and he needed to clear his head a bit. He had been working on a drawing for  Tony the past couple of days. It was of him and Peter at The Waffle Cone together. He loved it so much. He just hoped that Tony would too.

He also hoped that he would be able to give it to him soon. No amount of therapy will stop him from missing his Dad. One half of him wanted to cry and scream until they let him see Tony again. The other half hated himself for being so codependent.

He sighed and set his drawing to the side, placing his pencil on top of it. So far he had only sketched their body shapes, but it still looked amazing if he did say so himself.

He knew he could talk to Shuri. He knew he could talk to T'Challa. He knew he could talk to anyone here, but he was still so unbelievably lonely...and bored.

He kinda just wanted his phone.

The boy suddenly heard footsteps walking to his hut. He furrowed his eyebrows. They didn't sound like Shuri's.

"Peter?" Oh, it was T'Challa. Peter quickly scrambled to his feet and walked out his hut.

"Hi, sir- um, T'Challa. Sorry." Peter nervously laughed. The man smiled.

"I think someone is here to see you." He said, smile growing. Peter felt hope flutter in his chest. T'Challa gestured to his left. And there he was.

Tony was walking beside Ayo, talking to her at the same time. Peter felt tears instantly swarm his eyes and he smiled. He almost wanted to squeal in happiness.

He ran over to him as fast as he could, which was pretty fast considering he had super speed, and crashed into his Dad.

Tony let out an 'oof' sound but quickly adjusted so he had one arm wrapped around Peter's back and one hand placed on his head.

"Hey, buddy." Tony smiled into the boy's curls. He felt his own tears building up. "Hey..." He whispered again.

Peter squeezed his arms around the man harder and Tony let out a strangled sound.

"Okay." He laughed. "Don't squeeze the life out of me, you'll break all my bones. I'm not as young as I used to be." The man joked, but Peter immediately loosened his arms.

"Sorry! I just really missed you." He looked up at Tony with glassy eyes and a shit-eating grin.

"I missed you too. Way more than you think." He said and they hugged again.

*

Peter showed Tony all his favourite places of Wakanda. The woods, the waterfall, the labs (T'Challa granted him access, and Tony lingered in there a little longer than he did for the other places) and lastly, his hut.

They were both sat in there, talking about anything and everything. They both missed doing that.

"Happy doesn't want to admit it, but he misses you." Tony smiled.

"Really?"

"Of course. There's been no annoying kid in the back of his car talking his ear off." Peter laughed and curled closer into the man's side.

Tony scanned the interior of the hut. It was actually pretty nice. His eyes then landed on a piece of paper, sat on a small table.

"Hey, what's this?" Tony asked and went to grab it. The kid suddenly lunged forward and snatched it before Tony could, turning it over so he couldn't see it.