31

The night was restless for Peter. He woke up multiple times in tears, and Tony was always there to comfort him. The man decided to stay the night in Peter's room for that purpose, trying not to fall asleep so he could keep an eye on the kid. Make sure that he was okay and safe.

"Please- please don't g-go." Peter sobbed into Tony's shoulder as he clung onto his arm. This was his 3rd time waking up with a panic attack. Every time, Peter would beg Tony not to leave, and every time, Tony reminded him that he wasn't going to.

"I'm right here, sweetheart. I'm not going anywhere, I promise." Tony soothed the boy until his sobbing turned into a silent cry.

"I- I don't- I'm not okay...something is- is wrong with me." Peter said, albeit tiredly so his sentence was all jumbled.

"Nothing is wrong with you, Pete. You're perfect to me. Absolutely perfect. Don't listen to those voices."

"Can you...can you stay with me?" Peter asked quietly.

"I'm gonna stay here all night, Pete, I promise." Tony said once again.

"No, I-I mean, in bed. With me."

Tony would want nothing more than to get under the covers and hold Peter close to him until he fell asleep. But he didn't want to fall asleep himself, in case anything happened. But then he looked at the clock and it read 4:25am. He figured it wasn't very long until they had to get up anyway, so he nodded his head and got under the covers.

Peter smiled and sighed into Tony's chest. Tony ran his fingers through the boy's hair and waited for him to doze off again, which wasn't very long.

"I love you, kid. You're gonna be okay."

-----------------------------------------

"So, am I allowed to talk to Richard now?" Tony asked.

"Yes, you can talk to him today. Just don't do anything drastic. I know how you are."

"Come on, Nat. The guy deserves it."

"Obviously. But that's not what Peter needs right now." Nat sighed. "Where is he, by the way?"

"He's still sleeping. And he's not going to see Richard. Not ever." Tony grunted as he slammed the fridge shut.

"Well, that's his decision." Nat said and Tony rolled his eyes.

"Did you get any information out of him? Like where any HYDRA bases are or where those workers ran off to?"

"Nope. He wouldn't talk."

"Torture?"

"Not yet."

"Enter Tony." The man smiled and walked out of the room. He walked over to Peter's bedroom and knocked lightly on the door before walking in.

Peter was lying in his bed, staring at the ceiling and definitely not asleep. Tony walked over and sat on the edge.

"I'm heading out for a couple of hours. When I get back, we need to talk about yesterday. Okay?"

"No."

Tony sighed and grabbed Peter's chin gently so he was looking at him instead of the ceiling.

"Yes. We need to, alright?" Tony raised an eyebrow at him.

"We already talked about it." Peter replied bluntly.

"I'm talking about what you said. We need to have a conversation about that."

"I know you're going to see Richard." Peter said, changing the subject.

"Y'know, just because you can hear me talking in the next room, doesn't mean you should."

"I want to talk to him."

"Peter, that's not a good idea." Tony sighed.

"I want to hurt him."

"I know, Peter, I know. You already did." Tony chuckled.

"It wasn't enough."

"It was plenty."

"Take me with you."

"Peter." Tony said, using his stern voice.

"Fine! Just go." Peter exclaimed before turning away from Tony and hiding his face in his blanket. Tony sighed and cursed under his breath. But there wasn't anything he could do in that moment. So he just kissed Peter's temple and stood up.

"I'll be back soon, I promise."

Peter didn't answer him.