Chapter 5

Arianna

"She's coming with me.", said the man.

"Yes, of course sir.", officer Robert answered that man.

"Arianna, this is your older brother, Vincent Marino.", said Stella with a soft expression.

"H-Hello", I stuttered.

He scares me!

He just nodded at me and turned to officer Robert, "Where do I need to sign?", he asked.

Officer Robert gave him some papers and he signed them. He then looked at me and said, "Let's go."

"Umm sir, first we need to check if the house is suitable for Arianna to live there.", Stella said to the man. She looked scared. 

"The house is perfectly fine for her to live in, Ms", he said. More like ordered.

"Y-Yes sir.", Stella said timidly.

The way people looked scared of him, it is clear that he's not a person to be messed with.

From the experience I got living with my parents, I can say that if I follow all their orders, I'll be safe from punishment. So, I'm going to do exactly that.

I don't want to get hurt.

"Arianna", I flinched hearing his deep voice.

"Y-Yes", I answered timidly.

"Let's go.", he said with the same cold eyes and stoic expression.

I took my backpack and followed him. There were two guys in black suits with an earpiece, walking in front of him. Then I noticed there were two more men in black suit walking behind my me.

They must be his bodyguards. All the people in the police station are standing and looking down. Some people were peeking under their lashes now and then but soon are averting their eyes to the ground, even the police officers.

Everyone looked scared!

Why is everyone so scared and why are there so many bodyguards? There were more bodyguards outside the police station. All of them were wearing shades and are having a stoic expression.

I followed him out of the police station and saw a limo, probably belonging to him. One of the bodyguards walked fast and held the door open. The man walked to the door and looked at me. I immediately stopped and looked down, not being able to look into his cold eyes.

Did I do something wrong? Why did he stop all of a sudden? Will he leave me here? Did he not like me? Most of all, he scares me. No, he terrifies me.

"Get in the car, Arianna.", he stated with an emotionless, deep voice.

I walked fast and got in the car, with him following me. Oh, so chivalry still exists. He was just being a gentleman. 

I sat opposite to him in the far corner of the limo. The division between the driver and us is closed. For privacy, I guess. The windows were tinted. We could see outside but the people can't see inside the car.

I wonder what does he do for a living to maintain such high security!

The car started and there was utter silence in the car. The tension in the car was thick. I was nervous and started fiddling my fingers, looking at my lap. I could feel his eyes on me. He's staring at me.

He cleared his throat to gain my attention. He was already having it though!

I looked at his direction, but didn't look in his eyes. I am scared, he emits a dangerous and authoritative aura.