Chapter 34

Arianna

I woke up to the sun rays falling on my face from the open window. I got up and stretched myself. I looked at the clock on the bed side table and realized I have woken up later than usual.

That's when all the memories from last night came crashing down.

Did I have a panic attack in front of my brothers?

Ugh.

This is so embarrassing.

What did they think about it?

Are they thinking that I'm a burden?

That I have some baggage to deal with?

That it's too hard to deal with my past?

I didn't even tell anything about my past.

Then why did they ask me about my old house all of a sudden?

Was it just a casual question and I made a big deal out of it?

But if it was a casual question, Vince would have asked in front of everyone. He wouldn't have asked in personal with just Theo present there.

Does that mean they already know?

But, how?

I didn't tell about it to anyone. Not even the police officer who arrested my foster parents. 

Then how did they find out?

Do they even know or am I just overthinking?

Sigh.

I don't want them to know. They started being nice to me very recently and I don't want to ruin it by pushing my own past and trauma on them. I don't want them to think that I'm too big a burden to handle. 

But what if they ask me about yesterday?

What should I tell?

I don't even have an other answer than the truth.

What other reason can there be for having a panic attack over a simple question!

I took a deep breath and decided to go and face them. There is no other choice. So, I completed my morning routine and got dressed for the school. I took a deep breath and walked into the dining room.

As soon as I entered the dining room, I started getting anxious about their reactions.

"Good morning, Aria.", Theo greeted me with a warm smile.

"G-Good morning.", I couldn't help but stutter. I am tensed.

"Good morning, Arianna.", Vince greeted me as usual.

"G-Good m-morning.", I replied.

Vince and Theo were sitting at the table and checking something in their devices as usual. I went and sat down in my usual seat. Dylan was making himself a coffee in the kitchen. I wonder why they don't ask Sofia to make coffee.

"You're a little late today, princess. So, I didn't make coffee for you.", Theo said.

"I-Its's okay.", I said.

Really, it's fine. I'm not bothered about coffee right now.

"Dyl, get a coffee for Aria.", Theo said.

I got tensed. I don't want to bother Dylan about it. I can make my own coffee if I want.

"I-Its okay, Theo. I-I don't need one.", I said looking at him.

"Once you drink my coffee, kid. You won't ever ask Theo again. You would always want coffee made by me.", Dylan said looking at me and at Theo with a smirk.