Chapter 1

It was Tuesday morning and Gibbs headed out for his usual Coffee run to the diner, as he got to the diner and entered he was greeted by Elaine. "Good Morning Gibbs, the usual Eggs over Easy, bacon and hash browns with black Coffee" she asked Gibbs, "Nope just Black Coffee to go for me today Elaine, I've been at the Navy Yard all night" Gibbs replied back to Elaine. "Here you Go, it's on the house" Elaine said as she handed the to-go cup of black coffee to Gibbs. "Thanks Elaine, I will most definitely see you soon" Gibbs said as left the diner.

As he left the diner with his usual coffee in hand, he could hear faint cries from a young child not knowing if it was a boy or girl, he made way over to wear the cries were coming from, as reached where the cries were coming from he saw a little girl who looked to be about 3 or 4 she was sitting on a bench with her knees to chest and with tears falling down her face frantically, he made his way closer to the young child and sat down beside her on the bench, "What's the matter Sweetheart?" Jethro asked the young girl, "Bad man hurt Momma, she is not waking up" the little girl said through tears as she scooted closer to Jethro.

The young girl sat beside Jethro for a few moments when she noticed something sticking out from his pocket, her little hand made its way into Jethro's pocket and pulled out his badge, when the little saw the badge her eyes went big and she turned to Jethro " Help People" she asked with a little relief on her face, "Yes, I help people, can you take me to your Momma, so I can help her?" Jethro asked the little girl.

The little girl looked back at the badge and then back at Jethro, he noticed that she was little nervous, "I'm a good guy remember, you can see my Badge'' Jethro reminded the young girl, who then nodded and took his hand and pulled him to go with her, she guided him down the road to a parked car with the back passenger door open, the young girl got in and scooted towards the drivers side and pointed to her Momma who was in the driver's seat, "Momma" she said with tears still falling.

Jethro made his way around to the driver's side of the car and opened the door he realized that the lady in the car was Melissa, the night waitress at the diner, and the little girl was her daughter Savannah Kelly. Jethro immediately checked Melissa for a pulse, it was there but really faint, he then pulled his phone out and dialed 911, and told them he needed a bus because had an unresponsive female that needed help once he hung with 911 he then called Tony and told him to get the team out here to secure the scene, as he hung up with Tony the bus had arrived and EMT's were working on Melissa, Jethro went around to the other side of the car to get Savannah from the back seat, "Savannah'' Jethro called out to the young girl, Savannah turned towards Jethro and scooted to him and wrapped her hands around his neck and buried her face in the crook of his neck, he made his way over to where his car was parked with Savannah in his arms and waited for his team to show up.

A few minutes later Tony and the others showed up and started to process the scene, the EMT's had already loaded Melissa in to the back of the bus, "Boss, the EMT's want to take Savannah get her checked out at the hospital" Tony told Jethro, "I got her, she's safe with me Tony, the EMT's can check her out here" Jethro told Tony as he glared at him, with that both Tony and Jethro walked towards the EMT's, so they could check Savannah out while Jethro held her, after a couple of minutes the EMT's finished, "Agent Gibbs, Savannah seems fine, she has no cuts, scrapes or bruises, we can call CPS for you if you like they will take and care for her until her Mom is alert and awake." The EMT told and explained to Jethro, as the EMT told Jethro that, Savannah gripped tighter to Jethro and nuzzled into him further, "We need Savannah for the case, she's an eye witness, she'll be in my custody until her Mother Melissa is alert and awake, Thank You for your help anyway" he told the EMT.

As Jethro told EMT that Tony looked at Jethro with a shocked look on his face, and Jethro noticed, "Get Back to Work DiNozzo, and close your mouth your going to catch flies with it open" Jethro told Tony as he sent him the famous Gibbs Glare.