Chapter 38

*Vikranth Pov*

"Everything seems to be fine, Vikranth." Mohan Uncle said checking the file with a worried look and then glanced at me.

"Exactly! Everything seems too fine and it shows him to be a perfect human being. Then why didn't he come and meet you or us until now, Uncle?" I asked staring at him and he glanced at the document nodding.

"Did the investigator betray you?" I shook my head at his question.

"We didn't get enough time to actually get an investigation down thoroughly and this was made roughly. I think he is not what he seems and when I heard from Shrishti, many words that were mentioned by his friends were just repeated." I explained and he frowned nodding.

"I am not talking to her recently in a proper way. I am scared for her and I still can't believe she suddenly decided to marry someone whom she met recently." He sighed rubbing his forehead and then froze to give me a glance.

"I am not talking about your marriage." He added and that's when I froze.

Sometimes, I really forget the fact that in everyone's mind I married Kanika after meeting her a few times and liked her.

"I know! Even Prathap is not talking to her right now and it is better if we do something about this matter. She seems sad right now." I explained and he nodded while thinking about what to do.

"I didn't let the investigator back away and he will try to find the information till the last minute." I added before walking out of his cabin.

When I reached my cabin, I found Shrishti waiting for me. She smiled looking at me and waved saying, "Let's go and have lunch at Prathap's restaurant."

"Right now?" I asked checking the time and it's still only 12'o clock right now.

"Yes! Let's torture him a bit so that he will talk to me properly." She replied and I sighed glaning at Jay who stared at me before pointing the files before him.

"You go and torture him as I have some work right now." She sighed but nodded walking towards me.

"If he talks to me today, I will tell him that there will be an engagement party after a week." She explained and I immediately frowned.

"Don't tell him anything today. Just have a talk with him." She frowned but gave a nod before leaving.

Walking into the cabin, I called the investigator saying, "You can charge me double the amount but I need proper information within a week otherwise you will not be hired again by my company."

I rubbed my forehead before sitting on the chair and called Jay to bring in the files. He brought them along with the hotel he booked for Anny.

"I haven't communicated about the hotel to Anny or her manager yet, Sir. She said she will let me know whether she will stay at the hotel or some other place." He explained before leaving.

Some other place? It must be to stay with Kanika for sure. Kanika! I thought rubbing my forehead as the pain just increased more right now.

The conversation we had... or the conversation she had with me was just yesterday night but it feels like long ago as I pushed it away completely from my mind.

I took out my phone and paused my finger over her contact before pressing the call icon. I placed the phone to my ear and waited for her to pick it up.

"Hello?" she asked picking it up and I cleared my throat as I actually didn't expect her to pick it up this fast.