Chapter 46

*Vikranth Pov*

I closed my eyes hearing that question and somehow calmed down my thoughts realizing how rash I am bringing right now.

I slowly moved my hand to remove from her waist and took a step back while thinking about what to tell her but felt a hold on my tie before I could take a step back.

I opened my eyes to see her staring at me with a serious expression and waiting for an answer.

After a few seconds, I still couldn't respond as I don't know how will she take my thoughts.

I want to blame this on myself as I was not rational at all for the past few days and today I just snapped wherever possible.

In the past, I was fine when she was so close to Anny and their friendship but now when she is no longer close to me and is acting like a stranger, their friendship and her strong feelings for Anny kind of prickled me even though that is just absurd.

They have been friends for more than a decade, how can I compare my friendship with Kanika to theirs? However, I couldn't stop myself and acted in this way and ended up with this issue to solve.

"It's nothing!" I replied holding my tie and trying to pull it away from her hold but she didn't loosen her grip.

"Just explain what you mean by second division. Otherwise, explain the reason behind your today's behavior." She stated looking at me.

"Kanika! I don't want to..." she cut me off saying, "Don't say that I am stepping over the line. I kept to my end all this time as per your wishes and you are the one who crossed the line today."

"Fine! Just don't take it in a wrong way." I mumbled and she let go of my tie while I cleared my throat.

"I used to separate people in my life into two categories. One is for my family members and friends. Another is for the remaining people. So, I mention them as the first and second division." I explained and she stared at me in silence.

"So, you are saying that I am in the second division? Okay!" She mumbled and I shook my head hearing her words.

"No! That's not..." She again cut me off saying, "Even though I don't understand your other words or behavior, let's stop for now as it doesn't matter and I just want you to not react like this again." she nodded and shook her head before moving to walk away.

"What I mean is, this was in the past but now I have three divisions. First is my family and friends and second is for only you and the third is for everyone else." I explained before she could take a step and we both heard a sound.

I glanced at the floor to find that her phone slipped from her hand. The screen is touching the floor and so I am not sure whether there is any damage or not.

"Only for me? What features does that division have? Any advantages and disadvantages?" She asked turning to look at me and I just stared at her.

I never saw her this angry before towards me and so I didn't know what to say and just stood there. She shook her head and picked up the phone from the floor before walking away.

And this time I didn't stop her as I didn't know what can I say to even stop her. After a few minutes, I walked toward the couch and sat down while rubbing my face.

I didn't wish for her to know about these divisions at all. Even though these divisions are important for me, that doesn't mean others will like hearing about them.

I took out my phone hearing a message and found that Anny is going to stay over for a few hours at Prathap's place tonight because of her car issues.

I sighed closing the message box from her manager and tossed the phone while deciding to not think about this at all.