𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

CHAPTER THREE:❝︎Stiles Will Be There❞︎

CHAPTER THREE:
❝︎Stiles Will Be There❞︎

    ELAINE STOOD THERE WITH HER ARMS CROSSED OVER HER CHEST, WATCHING AS THEY BROUGHT DEREK INTO THE VET WHERE DEATON STOOD, CLEARING THE TABLE AND WATCHING AS SCOTT LAID HIM DOWN ON IT. Stiles moved to stand beside of Elaine, exchanging a look with her before turning back to the others. Deaton examined Derek for a moment, eyebrows furrowed before saying one word, "Wow."

     Stiles looked at him. "Wow? Wow as in, I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do, kind of wow? 'Cause that's the kind of wow we were hoping for."

     "I think you might be overestimating my abilities." Stiles gave him a blank look.

     Lydia reached down, grabbing Derek's hand. "He's cold. Really cold."

     Deaton took Derek's other hand, feeling the coldness of it. Scott watched his boss before asking, "Do you think this is permanent?"

     Grabbing a small flashlight and shining it into his closed eyes, Deaton shook his head. "I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate." He looked at the group of four. "This is well beyond my experience."

     "So what do we do with him?" Stiles questioned.

     "Until he wakes up? Probably not much. It might be best to leave him with me. He'll be safe here."

     "You mean from Kate."

     "If she's alive and she is what you say she is, she won't be able to walk past that gate."

     "Why would she want to do this to him?" Lydia frowned, shaking her head slightly.

     "It's Kate Argent, does she really need a reason?" Elaine mumbled, pushing the hair from her face.

     "Knowing Kate, it's probably for a reason that won't be any good for anyone but her." Deaton said.

     Stiles scoffed. "And bad for everyone else."

     A yawn escaped Elaine's lips as Stiles rolled his neck and shoulders. "You guys should probably go home." Deaton told them. "He doesn't look to be in any danger. So maybe the rest of you should get some sleep? It is a school night. And you all need to start taking care of your own lives again."

     "Someone should stay with you." Scott tried.

     "I'll stay." Lydia shrugged. "My grades are fine. Despite missing a few classes."

     "I can stay too if it makes you feel better." Elaine shrugged. "Lydia and I are the highest ranks in our class, we'll be fine missing one more day of school."

     "I'm so not okay with this." Stiles spoke up. Elaine rolled her eyes.

     "Guys, go." Lydia looked at them. "You too, El. I'll be fine, I promise."