𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER NINE:❝︎Eichen House❞︎

CHAPTER NINE:
❝︎Eichen House❞︎

ELAINE SAT THERE WITH HER ARMS CROSSED OVER HER CHEST, A SMALL FROWN PROMINENT ON HER FACE. It hadn't taken long for Noah to arrive along with other members from the Sheriff's department as well as Rafael. Of course he would show up the one time she didn't want him to be there. Anger settled in her chest. Why hadn't he been at Scott's game like he had promised? Her jaw clenched and her hands balled into fists, eyes closing as she listened as Coach kept the rest of the lacrosse players from coming into the locker room.

     Scott stood their in front of the father, having been trying to convince the man for the past ten minutes that they were both okay. Of course, Rafael didn't believe him. "Dad, really, I'm okay." He pointed a quick hand to Elaine. "We're both okay."

     "I should've been here." Rafael stammered making Elaine roll her eyes. "And I said I would be at the games."

     Scott shrugged his shoulders. "Well, I mean this was just a pre-season scrimmage. I didn't even tell you about it."

     "But I promised your mom I'd be around so she could pick up some double shifts at the hospital. I should've been here."

God, where was Stiles when you needed him?

     "You're here now." Scott replied earning a loud scoff from Elaine. They both glanced at her and Scott softly sighed. How was it that she had an even worse relationship with their father than he did? She could hold a grudge, that's how. She remembered every drunken encounter, she remembered when her brother had accidentally been pushed down the stairs. She remembered everything and Elaine would be damned if she forgave him for it. They were just kids and although Melissa managed to hide their fathers actions from Scott pretty well, Elaine had a tendency to be at the wrong place at the wrong time quite often, especially as a little kid.

     Everyone's attention turned when Parrish and Noah came walking out with Parrish holding Violet, their assassin, in handcuffs. They watched as the dark haired girl glanced at Jordan's name tag. "Parrish? As in Jordan Parrish?"

     "Deputy Parrish." He corrected her. As they walked by Elaine narrowed her eyes dangerously at Violet, coming to a stance beside her brother. They watched as Jordan kept leading her away as Noah stopped beside of them.

     "Sheriff, what is that? Is that the weapon?" Rafael asked, nodding towards the clear bag in Noah's hand that held the weapon Violet had used in an attempt to kill Elaine.

     "Yeah. It's a thermo-cut wire." Noah answered, twisting the bag around so that he could get a better view of the item. Rafael stared it for a moment before quickly turning on his heel and following after Parrish and Violet. Noah, Scott, and Elaine all exchanged a look with one another before Noah followed after him and when Elaine and Scott tried to do the same, they were stopped by Liam.