𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

CHAPTER FOUR:❝︎Lie❞︎

CHAPTER FOUR:
❝︎Lie❞︎

"IT MIGHT SURPRISE YOU TO KNOW THAT SOME OF HISTORY'S GREATEST LEADERS HAVE HAD TO ENDURE SOME PRETTY GREAT FAILURES. One you'll recognize from last nights reading failed in business, had a nervous breakdown, was defeated for both houses of Congress, and lost as Vice President before he was finally elected as one of the greatest presidents this country has ever seen. Who was he?" Mr. Yukimura sat on his desk at the front of the classroom, his eyes looking at all of his students. Elaine sat there at her desk, a pencil in her hand as she carelessly doodled in her notebook. Malia sat beside her, yellow highlighter in her mouth with a red one running over the words in front of her. "Malia."

Malia looked up. Stiles, Scott, and Elaine all turned to look at her. The sound of a phone ringing made Scott turn, quickly reaching forwards to silence his phone. "Scott, phones off. Malia? One of our greatest presidents." Malia took the red highlighter, also placing it in her mouth as she grabbed her books and started flipping through one of them. "Gettysburg Address?" And then another phone went off. "Phones off, everyone." He went back to Malia. "Malia?" He sighed. "Does anyone else know?"

Everyone raised their hands and Malia shrunk in her seat. Elaine gave her a small reassuring smile. Another phone went off. "I said phones off!"

Kira raised her hand. "Dad, that was yours."

"Oh." He picked up his phone. "'Scott, call Lydia.'"

As soon as Scott called Lydia and their history class was over, Scott dragged Elaine and Stiles to the animal clinic where Lydia and Deaton were. Elaine walked in first, Scott and Stiles following after her. She came to a stop when she realized that Derek was no where to be found and Deaton was bleeding. Elaine sighed as she walked over, her time at the hospital immediately coming to life as she started to wrap Deaton's arm, Lydia handing her anything that she needed.

"I don't think he's just younger in body." Deaton explained to them. "I think he's younger in his mind too."

Lydia shook her head. "He didn't recognize either of us. And he looked like he was scared out of his mind." She moved away from Elaine as she finished wrapping Deaton's arm, the man nodding his head in silent thanks to which Elaine just gave him a small smile in response.

"So if you're a teenager werewolf and you're scared, where do you go?" Stiles asked.

"A wolf goes back to its den. But Derek lives in a loft." Scott answered.

Elaine crossed her arms over her chest, furrowing her eyebrows. "But he's younger in mind, right?" The group looked at her. "Where did Derek live when he was a teenager?"

Lydia immediately caught on. "The Hale House."

"He wouldn't remember the fire." Deaton nodded. "It wouldn't have happened yet."