𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN:❝︎A Letter Of Apology❞︎

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN:
❝︎A Letter Of Apology❞︎

THE NEXT MORNING ELAINE WOKE UP WITH DRIED TEARS STAINS ON HER CHEEKS. She glanced at the time and sat up, rubbing at her face and letting a sigh leave her lips. Stiles had an early morning practice because of their big game tomorrow, but Elaine had woken up way before he needed to get up so she just let him sleep. She made her way to the bathroom, softly closing the door and looking at herself in the mirror. She looked rough. Her eyes were swollen from where she'd cried herself to sleep and she just looked completely and utterly exhausted. She ran water over her face until the tear stains were gone and then she pulled a brush through her hair.

She made her way down the steps and into the kitchen. She made herself a bowl of cereal and stood there, staring blankly at the wall ahead of her. The sound of footsteps made her blink and turn her head to see Noah standing there. She sent him a small smile and he returned it, offering her a small nod.

     "You okay, Elaine?" Noah asked her. Elaine had always been his favorite and he didn't really try to hide it either. He didn't even know half of what she went through, but he knew enough to know that no teenager deserved to go through it. There was nothing wrong with him doing a mental health check on her.

     Elaine tensed at the question and Noah noticed. She forced herself to relax and nodded her head head. "I will be. Now that the dead pool is over, I don't have to sleep with one eye open anymore."

     "Well hopefully you guys can have a peaceful rest of your year."

     Elaine chuckled at the thought. "One can only hope, but it is not likely." Noah nodded in understanding. He opened the door to leave and stopped when Elaine caught his attention. "Hey." He turned and looked at her. "Thanks for checking on me." Noah smiled and nodded before leaving the home.

     Elaine finished her cereal before walking back up to Stiles' room. She got changed and made herself look semi-decent for the day before turning and looking at Stiles. She smiled at his sleeping form before walking over to him and gently shaking him awake. "Stiles, get up. You have an early morning practice for the game tomorrow."

     The sound of the door opening downstairs made Elaine smirk. "Well, Stiles, can't say I didn't try." She stood up and Malia walked in the room. "He's all yours."

     "Stiles, get up." Malia ordered. "If I'm gonna watch an entire lacrosse game you better not suck."

     "Not gonna suck," Stiles mumbled.

     "Remember you were supposed to drive me to school early so I can get more studying for the math test?" Stiles just rolled over. "The one that determines whether or not I'm gonna be a senior next year with you guys? Stiles!" Malia let out a groan and stood up, taking a stance beside Elaine.