CHAPTER 10

Mu, your phone is ringing.” 

Lai De Si spit out the foam in his mouth and looked at the Mu Tian Heng walking down the stairs and said bitterly: “Looks like it’s from that kid.”

Mu Tian Heng ignored Lai De Si. He picked up his phone from the sofa and went straight to the balcony: “Hello?”

“It’s, it’s me.” Mo Di’s nervous voice came through the phone, “Did I disturb you, brother?”

“No. It’s already seven in the morning. I don’t like sleeping in.” There was a smile in Mu Tian Heng’s voice. He had just taken a bath after his workout and the steam was still lingering. His hair was slightly wet. He was wearing a white shirt with rolled up cuffs, revealing a pair of strong arms.

Mo Di smiled awkwardly and then said with some formality: “Brother, I wanted to leave the hospital but the doctor and nurses said that I must have your approval to do so.”

“You want to leave the hospital so soon? You’ve only been there for three days. Those injuries of yours, have they recovered?”

Mu Tian Heng stood at the balcony, drying his hair with a towel with his free hand. The movement caused a few drops of water to fall on the exposed clavicle and slipped down to the strong and sexy muscles.

“My injuries are much better now. It’s not as troublesome. I don’t need to stay in the hospital. Just rest for a few more days and I’ll be fine…”

“Then is it not better to stay in the hospital? There’re doctors and nurses to monitor the situation.” The morning sun was becoming harsh and Mu Tian Heng squinted, “Or is there another reason why you want to leave the hospital?”

Mo Di did not reply immediately, he paused for three to four seconds and spoke softly: “I’m sorry. I, I’m leaving the hospital because of something else. I’m scared that my brothers will come to hit me when they know where I’m staying.”

“There’s nothing to be sorry for.” Mu Tian Heng frowned slightly, remembering what he heard Zhu Wen Ze said before in the hospital ward. Apparently this child’s family members also treated him pretty badly, and also their logic was very different from ordinary people. “Your brothers, are they your biological brothers?”

“They’re my older cousins.” Mo Di did not say more. He just pleaded apologetically: “Brother, can you come to sign for me so I can leave the hospital? Please?”

“You’ve asked me so politely, how can I not go?” Mu Tian Heng thought about his schedule for today and said: “I should be able to arrive at eight. Wait for me.”

“Thank You! Thank you brother!”

“It’s not a problem. Quickly eat your breakfast and pack your things up.” Hearing the child’s voice quivered with excitement, Mu Tian Heng shook his head with a smile. He also felt a slight heartache. This child must have been through a lot. 

“Mu, are you going to see the kid?” Lai De Si suddenly barged into the balcony and looked at him as if looking at a beast: “Are you going to make your move that quick?”

“Get lost.” Mu Tian Heng punched Lai De Si on the shoulder and went back to the living room, “Clean up your dirty thoughts!”

“Damn! That hurts!” Lai De Si gritted his teeth and rubbed his shoulder, following behind, “You’re such an animal! He’s only seventeen, seventeen!!!”

After Mo Di hung up the phone, he exhaled and then started packing. 

Except for the laptop, everything else was put inside the backpack. And on the computer screen, there were seven or eight minimized windows and casually clicking on any one of them will only show a page full of intangible codes.