CHAPTER 99

Chapter 99

Edited and Proofread by KitKat

When George interrupted, Lai De Si completely forgot about the phone and went straight to the conference room after changing.

Only when he saw Mu Tian Heng did he remember and quickly said, “Mu, the kid’s phone was found but I left it in my office and forgot to bring it along.”

“I’ll take it afterward.” Mu Tian Heng said, “Sit, let’s start the meeting.”

“Ok.” Lai De Si eyed the old men on screen and began to switch to his serious mode. He pulled a chair and sat down.

As Mu Tian Heng had already discussed the more important points with them, Lai De Si’s part was fairly straightforward and he only had to sit through it for another twenty minutes.

The moment the meeting concluded, Lai De Si heaved a sigh and turned off the computer.

“Ai, I really hate meetings, especially when it’s with those old foxes. All of them are so serious and scary. Not like my sweet and gentle little Song Yu.” Lai De Si suddenly thought of something and started giggling to himself.

Although he had not managed to score a date with Song Yu yet, it seemed Song Yu had already regarded him as a friend…

Mu Tian Heng lifted his hand and gave Lai De Si a smack, forcing him to come back from his daydreaming, “Get moving. Go back to your office and give me the phone.”

“Ai, let me relax a little.” Lai De Si stood up reluctantly, “The phone is not going anywhere.”

“Quickly.” Mu Tian Heng ordered and exited the room. 

“Ok, ok.” Lai De Si had no choice but to follow.

As the two reached Lai De Si’s office, Lai De Si went to open the door for Mu Tian Heng.

“Where did you put it?” Mu Tian Heng gave his office a quick sweep.

“Isn’t it on the table?”

“Where?” Mu Tian Heng frowned at Lai De Si, “Are you sure it’s on the table?”

“It’s right th… Huh?!” Lai De Si looked at his workspace and was startled that the phone was gone.

“I, I, left it there!”

“How could it be missing?!” Lai De Si panicked and began to ransack his table when he suddenly came to a realization, “Ah! I think George must’ve taken it!”

“What has George got to do with this?”

“George came to take the material for this week’s programming competition. I told him it was on the table and let him take it. Turns out he took the wrong item.” Lai De Si picked up the laptop on the table and shook his head, “He should have taken this laptop. Shouldn’t they realize by now that they’ve taken the wrong thing? What’s there to decode in little Mo Di’s phone?” 

Mu Tian Heng had long ignored Lai De Si and was heading straight for the senior programmers’ office.

Lai De Si carried the laptop and hurried behind him.

As Mu Tian Heng approached the office, he could hear Edmund shouting excitedly.

“I’m very close to decoding it!!!”

Mu Tian Heng frowned and picked up his pace. He entered the room and saw George and the others sitting around a table with a cell phone in the center. It was plugged into several cables and connected to everyone’s laptop.

And that phone was most certainly Mo Di’s.

“Three, two, one, I did it! I decoded it! It’s open! Hahaha I won…..Mu?!” Edmund paused halfway through his excited proclamation when Mu Tian Heng stepped in and disconnected the data cables to the phone.