Chapter 01: The Beginning

The stars were shining really bright that night

The stars were shining really bright that night. So bright that navigating the ship was becoming harder.

Perhaps, the Livians should have chosen another day for their routine space research; perhaps they would not have faced such a problem. It had all been due to a small error made by their space centre. There was this one night in their galaxy when microscopic creatures with glass like body would fly, reflecting the light from the luminescent stars to brighten up the galaxy more than usual. This happened once a Livian year and conducting a space routine at that specific time was highly dangerous. It would not only affect the research, but also the navigation of the spaceship.

It could also be life threatening.

The Livians; habitants of the planet Livian, were alike humans. They looked like human beings; except that they had advanced in technology. They also possessed inhumane powers which an earthen would call that of a superhuman. They conducted routine space researches in order to find more planets that contained life.

Like humans, they breathed oxygen.

"Centre, centre? Navibak Livian. Repet, navibak Livian." The spaceship navigator muttered into the microphone in Livian. His priority at that moment was to get the spaceship and the Livians within it out of there.  "Centre?" The navigator angrily screeched into the microphone only to receive no response. There was a minute problem about these glassy creatures.

They were destructive.

They fed up on anything they found in the galaxy, until there was no more to eat. ANYTHING. They would then go back and return after one Livian year. "Seven? SEVEN!" The navigator yelled at his coworker. "Yet!" She replied immediately. "Navibak Livian!" He commanded her. "Yet!" She said, turning some switches on the control board before pulling a lever. The spaceship started to turn slowly.

The navigator decided to turn around and navigate the spaceship without waiting for a response from their space centre. There was a sudden crackling sound, which caused the spaceship abruptly turn off. The navigator and Seven both looked at each other and then at the researchers behind them, who shook their heads in a no.

Their gaze turned towards the spaceship door that was slowly decomposing. The glassy creatures were working their magic and slowly consuming their door. Seven sprung up from her seat to create a protective shield on the doorway while everyone took the rescue kit and their space jet bags. "Seven, depar!" The navigator commanded Seven to take her rescue kit and jump out of the spaceship with the rest.

If they did not exit, the glassy creatures would consume them along with the spaceship.

"Yet!" Seven replied, grabbing her rescue kit. They connected the ropes in their bodysuit and lined up at the door. The navigator of the ship put his hands ahead of him; palms open. He generated a source of energy and shot a blast of power, clearing the way full of those annoying creatures. "Seven!" He called Seven, who was trying to connect her rope to the last Livian in the line. "Yet!" She replied, desperately securing her rope.