Chapter 29: Finding Seven

"Where is Seven?" Greg and Carl asked together, making Kun and Freken turn their necks

"Shit." Kun pulled out his hair in worry. "Seven?" Freken called out loudly.

"Cherry pie? Do not play games, we're sorry for fighting!" Kun said aloud, rushing down the stairs.

He was followed by the rest, who constantly kept calling Seven. Their voices echoed in the empty staircase. Kun was desparately hoping to hear Seven's voice. It was driving him crazy second after second.

Kun never knew he would get this panicked if Seven ever went missing. He realized how much he was attached to her and how much her abscence affected him. He was boasting to Freken about Seven being his responsibility, and now he had failed to keep his word.

"Seven? Please come here!" Kun shouted as his voice travelled down the staircase.

"Kun!" The echo of Seven's cry for help reached the top, making Kun bolt downstairs. "Seven?" He yelled, running down as fast as he could. He did not care if he fell or stumble. He only wanted to get down to her voice regardless of how he reached there.

Freken and the kids could barely keep up with Kun who had left them behind a long time ago. "Seven?" He called out breathlessly, reaching the ground floor. He opened the door and looked around to find any sign of a pale blue haired girl.

"Where did she go?" He muttered, running his fingers through his sweaty hair. A car rolled out of the parking zone and raced into Kun's direction.

The car stopped in front of Kun, maintaining a distance between them. The black window of the driver's seat rolled down to reveal a very familiar face.

"Gustavo Heinrich." Heinrich smirked. Kun realized it was the same man from the train. Thinking hard, he remembered that he was no one other than Mërich's assistant.

"Thank you for keeping her safe, Kun Ai Lee. We'll take it from here." He smirked, throwing a bag of cash on Kun's face. He glanced over at the back seat to find a man holding Seven.

She had an electric collar around her neck with her hands tied and mouth sealed with tape. Heinrich rolled up the window, getting ready to drive away.

"YOU SON OF A BITCH! I WILL KILL YOU, YOU FUCKING FAGGOT!" Kun charged at him with force. He slammed his fist breaking the window of the car, hitting Heinrich.

Heinrich hit the gas, despite being smacked by Kun.

"I SAID COME BACK YOU SON OF A WHORE!" Kun ran after the car at an inhumanely speed with his hand bleeding profusely.

"Kun!" Greg called out as they reached there at the same time. "Seven!" Freken yelled, generating energy in his palms.

"Freken, don't! They have already caught Seven and if they find out about you, we won't be able to do anything to help." Carl held Freken's hand, watching him collapse on the floor in regret.