Chapter 18

I hope you slept well. Have breakfast and head to the Morpheus Library. Use the guide star if you need to. I'll be waiting for you there. When you arrive, knock on the door xxx

Instead of a phone message, Ariady left a note on her bedside table on a baby pink paper.

Rosé took a quick shower and got dressed. She picked up her guide star from her vanity and headed to the canteen. The note was shortened to Morpheus Library in gold, her gold handwriting, and was kept that way until she arrived at the canteen.

Aiden and Theo were the only ones on the table, competing for who ate quicker.

By the time she reached the table with her fruit salad and ashy tea, they were already leaving, barely saying good morning. "Probably late for their meetings." Misty showed out of nowhere.

"They will get sick," Rosé mentioned, sitting on her chair.

"Their stomach is used to it," she said, taking a spoon of porridge. "There were days they would just cut line and grab something from the buffet and run down the halls with food in their mouths."

"Gross."

"It was like that for a while until Kaydan screamed at them and threatened not to give them a position as sub-Elite for their lack of time management and dignity." They both laughed. "People used to bet on them, and one day–" Misty could barely finish the sentence, laughing in anticipation. "Skyler organised a whole fucking competition where she was the judge to time them. Bets and everything."

She felt sadness reach her chest. "And I was not here to see this?" she wanted to. Misty nodded, still smiling. "Two questions."

"Hit me."

"Sub-Elite? I know there's the Elite, but a Sub-Elite?" She asked, taking a piece of papaya. Goodness, the fruits in that place were another level of fruits. "And who is Skyler? Because I want to meet her as soon as possible."

"Well–" she finished her porridge. "The Elite does the hard job and needs people to do the dirty, annoying job. That is when the Sub-Elite comes into the game. It sounds posh, but it's not. Quite the opposite, Skyler is the demon living in the dungeons."

A demon?

Rosélina changed her mind about meeting Skyler. "So, what are your plans for today?"

"I have visual marketing and fashion trends to study, and then I'll head to Mains D'ange to buy a few fabrics. You?"

Misty's day looked way more exciting than hers. "Not sure yet." She lied. "So, you're a fashion designer?"

"Getting there."

<3

"Guide me to the Morpheus Library," she commanded.

The guiding star stopped in front of an imposing door with several inscriptions written in an alphabet she had never seen before.

She knocked, watching each symbol light up in blue before the door opened.

Her mouth fell open. The library was filled with bookshelves stretching from the floor to the ceiling and a staircase leading to other floors.

"Up here," said a voice that Rosé soon recognised. Rosé moved toward the ladder, looking around. There were pictures of people, places, and objects everywhere, some on the floor and some hung alone on the wall. Pages flew around and returned to their books and jewels with bright pears, among many other things.