Author's notes

What happened to A Dance in the Dark?

It used to be a published book, released in May 2022, but for personal reasons, I had to remove it from all platforms. 

When I was writing A Dance in the Dark, I noticed people on social media being critical of other authors' works. I got apprehensive, and as a result, I started changing my book to fit these people's ideas and comments. A Dance in the Dark took a completely different course than I had originally planned because I was writing to please others rather than writing what I truly wanted to.

I always feared what others might think of my book, and dealing with it alone only made things harder.

In simple words, I disliked my book, not to say something else. I was afraid to promote it. Even after almost two years since its publication, I've never felt proud of my work and instead, I've always felt ashamed. Ashamed of the cover, ashamed I couldn't afford a better editor. And the fact that I didn't develop some characters and scenes as much as I would have liked.

I was determined to make things work, but I lost myself. I became obsessed with something that I knew would never work, and I even stopped writing or developing Book 3.

The decision to remove my books and deactivate my accounts broke me, but I had to do it.

Why I'm telling you this?

For independent authors, I urge you not to make the same mistake that I did. And for those who have already read A Dance in the Dark or have the physical book, please note that the book is going to change in a big way. I want to rewrite the book with complete freedom, without any self-doubt or fear of criticism. I want to be able to write it again and edit it as many times as necessary until it is exactly how I had envisioned it to be in 2020, or perhaps even better.I hope you will enjoy and love this new version of A Dance in the Dark.