Prologue

One day, I read that sometimes, in real-life fairy tales, the princess needs to befriend the dragon and kill the prince.

We grow up hearing how the prince always appears to save the princess. How a simple kiss saves their lives after they spent years being prisoners in a tower or a deep sleep, bite a poisoned apple, need to kiss a frog, are mistreated by the stepmother and so on.

I love these stories.

They're the principle of magic and fantasy.

Alright, there's no need to kill the prince. He can be helpful. However, a princess doesn't always require a prince, a crown, or a dress. Sometimes, she uses a brush, an AK-47, a sword, a rifle, or even her bare hands.

The problem with these stories is that they often glorify love and neglect to mention what comes after the "happily ever after." Once the princess marries the prince and becomes queen, she may find herself confined to the castle and bound by strict rules and protocols that no one dares to mention.

Unfortunately, this story takes place in a fictional world, but it might feel more realistic than the fairy tales we usually read or hear.

Please remember the following message: be cautious of the characters you choose to love or hate in a story. Not every character has a happy ending. They may not survive until the end of the story, or they may not be the villain after all.

Loving the wrong character can lead to a broken heart.