3

Listen to Forgive myself by Sam Smith as you read this chapter...you'll understand the emotions better...

________________________________________

Oh
Do you think of me when you're in California alone?
It's a lonely place at the best of times, Lord knows
I won't lie to you, I could have given you more
But life got fast, good things don't last anymore

Jungkook's angelic voice drifted through the speakers, the lyrics sounding mundane compared to the emotions that penetrated through the singer's voice. Taehyung closed his eyes, just listening to that angelic voice singing with so much pain. And it pained him, knowing he was the cause of this angel's pain.

Now and then you cross my mind
It takes me back to a sweeter time
But I let it go
I let you go

'Til I wake up in the morning, you're all that I see
You run through my head, in and out of my dreams
Breathe for a minute, try and focus on me
But I can't think of anyone else
Now my heart is broken and I'm crying on the floor
And every part of me hopes you walk through the door
But you're not here, baby, and I can't love anyone else
'Til I forgive myself

Taehyung felt the saltiness of his tears, the pain those lyrics ignited. Jungkook wasn't at fault all those years ago. He was never at fault. Maybe his only mistake was loving someone like Taehyung but that was it. Jungkook was an angel and Taehyung was the devil who broke him.

Did you lie to me when you said I was all that you need?
Guess we'll never know all the beautiful things we could be

Taehyung didn't lie when he said Jungkook was all he needed. He didn't lie about the love he had for the younger. The love he still has. The circumstances at that time was what made everything so hard. Maybe he could have controlled it all and found a better way but it was all done now. And he couldn't change it. No matter how hard he tries.

Now and then you cross my mind
It takes me back to a sweeter time
But I let it go
I let you go

'Til I wake up in the morning, you're all that I see
You run through my head, in and out of my dreams
Breathe for a minute, try and focus on me
But I can't think of anyone else
Now my heart is broken and I'm crying on the floor
And every part of me hopes you walk through the door
But you're not here, baby, and I can't love anyone else
'Til I forgive myself, ooh

The chorus relapsed but Taheyung wasn't listening to that anymore. No. He was busy trying to calm the emotions inside him that were ripping him apart. It was like the simple thread that he had used to stitch up the abyss of past memories was broken and everything came flooding back. Those nights spent in each other's arms, those stupid talks that they had and those dreams that they talked about.

It all came flooding back and Taehyung couldn't stop it. He couldn't control anything now. He was losing his grip on his reality and there was nothing he could do.

The second song on the list played and Taehyung just felt like the worst person alive. Did he really break Jungkook so bad ?

__
I know it's a slow start but I have a plan so bear with me..

It will all make sense soon.

Also the song is by Sam Smith called 'Forgive Myself'. I know Jungkook didn't sing it but it fit well with the storyline so I used it.

Song credits reserved to the one and only, Sam Smith!