23 + Epilogue

Taehyung stood nervously on the doorstep of Jungkook's apartment, rethinking his decision.

He was nervous, scared and a whole lot guilty.

Did he even deserve Jungkook's forgiveness?  He did break the doe eyed singer's heart after all. Albeit he did it thinking he was making a right decision but still, the truth remains that he did hurt the one he loves.

Before his hands could touch the doorbell, the door opened and Jungkook stood in front of him.

"Are you planning on standing there all night Taehyung?"

Jungkook glared at his lover, noticing how the elder looked nervous, refusing to meet his eyes.

"I, J-Jungkook. I..", The words seemed to die on his lips as he tried to apologise, his knees buckled and he fell to the floor, tears falling down in a wave of waterworks.

Jungkook closed his eyes in an attempt to stop his own tears as he got down on his knees too, holding onto Taehyung whose body was shaking with sobs.

A series of "I'm sorry" was mumbled out amidst the tears and Jungkook, well, he finally felt relieved.

That was all he wanted to hear to be honest.

He just wanted Taehyung to apologise and come back to him.

It was pathetic really, how much he can forgive if it was Taehyung who had wronged him.

The elder was like his reason for breathing, like his sole purpose in life and Jungkook, he would forgive every mistake, every error and every heartbreak just to keep Taehyung by his side.

He somehow managed to get Taehyung inside, making him sit on the sofa as he went to bring a glass of water for his lover.

As Taehyung calmed down, sipping on the water silently, Jungkook smiled, taking in every feature of the ethereal man he loved.

"Jungkook. Koo. I'm sorry my love. I'm sorry that I broke us apart because of my stupid and immature decision.  I'm sorry for keeping things from you. For making decisions all by my self and not telling you. I'm sorry for breaking your heart and for hurting you. I'm so sorry. I'm soo sorry. Please.. please forgive me koo.. I'm sorry"

Jungkook smiled as he wiped those tears, pulling taehyung in a hug.

"It's okay. I... I forgive you Tae. I forgive you. You thought you were protecting me. I would have done the same if I was in your shoes. "

Taehyung  felt a weight lift from his chest as he heard those words. The burden of guilt slowly vanished as he hugged the love of his life.

"Koo... if you'll have me, I'll love to make up for my mistakes. I... I love you koo... I never stopped. If you'll have me back, I promise to do better. "

Jungkook felt giddy. This was the moment he had been waiting for. To finally get Taehyung back.

"I love you too Tae. So much. I have always been yours.. from the beginning. So yes, I'll love to have you back. But only if you promise to never do that again. I can't take it if it happens again. So promise me. Promise you won't leave me again. Promise you'll talk to me if there is any problems. Promise me"

Taehyung smiled as he replied, " I promise love"

And they sealed it with a kiss.

______________________