5

> Listen to "Happier" by Olivia Rodrigo

_________________

We broke up 3 years ago
Your friends are mine, you know, I know
You've moved on, found someone new
One more boy who brings out the better in you

The third song was different. Very much so. It spoke of the present, like Jungkook was taunting him through the lyrics. Taehyung knew instantly who Jungkook was referring to. Park bogum. The one that the media has painted as Taehyung's lover. It wasn't true. They were just good friends. But the media has a habit of painting things the way they aren't.  Taehyung was always caught up in the middle of dating scandals. None of which were true. But this one with Park Bogum had stuck, because the two were good friends who often hung out together.So Taehyung wasn't surprised by the lyrics. He wasn't surprised at all.

And I thought my heart was detached
From all the sunlight of our past
But he's so sweet, he's so pretty
Does he mean you forgot about me?

Taheyung chuckled amidst the pain. How could he forget about Jungkook. No one was gonna be able to make him forget about the younger. It was impossible.

Oh, I hope you're happy
But not like how you were with me
I'm selfish, I know, I can't let you go
So find someone great, but don't find no one better
I hope you're happy, but don't be happier

But he wasn't happy. Not like the younger assumed. Taehyung's happiness was in the way the younger was flourishing. He loved the way Jungkook had risen in the music world. He was happy because Jungkook was happy. But as this album portrayed, maybe the happiness that jungkook showed previously was all just a facade. Just like the one Taehyung kept.

And do you tell him he's the most beautiful boy you've ever seen?
An eternal love bullshit you know you'll never mean
Remember when I believed you meant it when you said it first to me?

But Taehyung meant every word he said. And those words, he only ever said to Jungkook. Maybe it was hard to believe, but Taehyung didn't date anyone after Jungkook. Not even as a casual hookup. He couldn't. His heart wouldn't allow him to. And honestly, he didn't want to either.

And now I'm pickin' him apart
Like cuttin' him down will make you miss my wretched heart
But he's beautiful, he looks kind
He probably gives you butterflies

Taehyung scoffed. Butterflies. No one gives him butterflies except the younger. Everytime Taehyung listened to Jungkook's songs, he got butterflies. The younger was known for his flirty and love filled songs. Yet this album, was nothing like his previous ones.

I hope you're happy
But not like how you were with me
I'm selfish, I know, I can't let you go
So find someone great but don't find no one better

I hope you're happy
I wish you all the best, really
Say you love him baby, just not like you loved me
And think of me fondly when your hands are on him
I hope you're happy, but don't be happier

Taehyung smiled, yeah. He didn't love anyone like he loved Jungkook. And he never will love anyone like he loved the younger. Any love that taehyung felt was reserved for the younger. Just Just Jungkook.

Taehyung was at the end of the album now, just one more song left, which was the title song, "breaking hearts". Taehyung didn't know what to expect. After the Rollercoaster that the other songs were, could Jungkook really do more damage by this last song? Maybe it was just like the others. Maybe it would be bearable.

Oh how wrong he was.

_____

Song credits to Olivia Rodrigo, even though I changed some words. I love this song sm