ᶠ ⁱ ᶠ ᵗ ʸ ⁻ ᵒ ⁿ ᵉ

March 26th, 1986

March 26th, 1986

NANCY HAD SUFFERED FROM ONE one of Vecna's horrific attacks. However, she came out unscathed. He didn't plan to hurt her, so he didn't hurt her. With wide eyes and a traumatised gasp, the girl fell back into Aven and Steve's arms, the pair sharing a look as they helped the shaking girl up from the ground.

After finally climbing back into their homely world, they relocated to Max's caravan across the road. Erica, Eddie and Steve all fell onto one of the fabricated couches with a grateful sigh, sinking into the fabric as Aven led a still trembling Nancy to the seat opposing them. Robin sat against one of the shelves as Max, Lucas and Dustin stood around the group, leaning against the walls or doorways throughout the room.

"What did you see?" Dustin asked from one of the wooden doorways.

"He showed me things that haven't happened yet. The most awful things," Nancy began to rant, Aven reaching over and resting her hand on the girl's lap as she gripped onto it for a sense of comfort. "I saw a dark cloud spreading over Hawkins, downtown on fire, dead soldiers, and this . . . giant creature with a gaping mouth. And this creature wasn't alone. There were so many monsters, an army. And they were coming into Hawkins, into our neighbourhoods, our homes. And then he showed me my mum and Holly, Mike, and they were all-"

"Okay, but . . . he's just trying to scare you, Nance. Right? I mean- I mean, it's not real," Steve interrupted as he leant forward in his seat, pressing his elbows against his knees with a frown.

"He's got a point. Nothing he showed Max was real, so yours might not be either," Aven whispered beside her.

"Not yet. But there . . . there was something else. He showed me gates. Four gates spreading across Hawkins, and these gates, they looked like the one outside of Eddie's trailer, but . . . they didn't stop growing. And this wasn't the Upside Down Hawkins. This was our Hawkins, our home." Aven shared a look with Steve, who let out a sigh, before rubbing her spare hand down Nancy's back as she cried.

"Four chimes. Vecna's clock. It always chimes four times. Four exactly," Max told the group with her arms crossed. Her headphones were dangling from her neck, the girl never having taken them off since the vicious attack of the monster in the underground world. Nobody would let her, not even herself. She didn't want to die.

"I heard them too," Nancy whispered with furrowed brows, staring down at her and Aven's hands.

"He's been telling us his plan this whole time," Max realised as she gazed across the room.

"Four kills, four gates. End of the world," Lucas mumbled as he made eye-contact with the redhead across the room.

"If that's true . . . he's only one kill away," Dustin murmured with his hands on his hips, glancing down at Erica beside him as they shared a knowing look.