ᶠ ⁱ ᶠ ᵗ ʸ ⁻ ᵗ ʰ ʳ ᵉ ᵉ

March 26th, 1986

March 26th, 1986

WITH THE LITTLE EQUIPMENT THEY had managed to gather, they made their weapons before leaving to drop the teens off. They all had assigned jobs - Max, Lucas and Erica going to the Creel Mansion, Dustin and Eddie camping at Eddie's trailer in the Upside Down, whilst Aven, Steve, Robin and Nancy all tried to kill Vecna from his house in the alternate dimension below. The plan was insane - the group practically asking for death - but it was all they had and all they could do. It was either that, or the world crumbled to pieces.

"Promise me you'll run, okay?" Aven muttered into her sister's ear, slightly rocking the girl as she hugged her. She still wasn't onboard with the idea of handing her sister over to Vecna, even if Lucas would be there waiting, headphones in hand. She wanted to keep the girl safe - she didn't deserve it. When the sisters had agreed to the terms of being let in on the Hawkins' secret of the Upside Down, the lab, the monsters and all the other traumatic things that came along with it, they didn't really know what they were getting themselves into. They didn't know they would end up where they were.

"I promise," Max nodded as Aven pulled away, pressing a kiss to the redhead's forehead.

"I love you, Maxie," she whispered softly, not noticing the tear that landed on the teen's tied hair beneath her.

"I love you more, Avie," she uttered back, glancing up with a bright smile. They shared a laugh - a laugh they didn't know would be one of their last - before the girl spoke up again. "I'm sorry we couldn't give you an awesome Welcome Back party."

"As much as I would've loved it, what I got was all the same," Aven laughed before playfully pushing the girl out of the vehicle. "You better watch her, Sinclair!"

Then they were off to the Trailer Park. They got to Eddie's trailer, climbed through the gate and left the two boys as they started their long trek to the Creel house on foot. However, before they got too far, Aven turned back around with a frown. She ran back towards the already staring boy to pull him into a comforting hug.

"Stay safe for me, please. Do what Steve said, and listen to Eddie," she told Dustin urgently.

"I'm not a kid anymore, Aven," the teen argued as he pulled away, crossing his arms with mock hurt.

"You'll always be a kid to me, kid," she mumbled whilst she pulled his hood down and ruffled his hair with a smile, the boy immediately swatting her hands away before yanking his hoodie back up with annoyance. He wasn't really annoyed though, he was never annoyed at Aven.

Whilst he was doing so, Aven turned to Eddie before pulling him into a hug too. At first, he was hesitant, but then he gave in. Secretly, he loved hugs.

"Good luck," Aven whispered lightly with a gentle smile from over his shoulder.

"You too. You'll probably need it more than me," he teased as he pulled away.