EPI - 16 - Memories

Present 

In chennai

Jayesh's apartment.

"Will she come this week?" Revathi asked with a hope.

"I told you many times I don't know." He said with slight anger.

"Why don't you know?" Geetha asked with pure anger.

"Mom, when did you come?" He asked.

"Where is Hasini Jayesh?" She asked.

"I don't know mom." He replied coolly 

"Jayesh." Geetha shouted at her top most voice.

Jayesh was startled at her tone.

"For god sake tell me what happened?" She asked.

"I divorced her." He said.

Everyone was shocked.

"What?" She asked.

Jayesh told everything to his parents. Tears were streaming down on Geetha's cheeks.

"You made us take part in your revenge plan without our knowledge." She said.

"Mom.. because of her we lost our Krish." Jayesh said.

"So tit for tat." Geetha asked in anger.

"This is life Jayesh not a game." His father said.

"Krish jumped off from the cliff and proved that my upbringing was not good and you did this revenge plan and proved to us that we're the worst parents." Geetha said while crying.

"Mom." Jayesh tried to explain.

"Shut up Jayesh just shut up. You just know about your brother's side story. Do you know about her side of the story? Every coin has two sides." She said with anger.

"But mom." He tried to speak.

"I didn't finish. You said that girl left silently. If she is leaving without a word doesn't mean she is accepting her mistakes, it may also mean she was broken into pieces. Never ever a girl will leave silently until or otherwise she is deeply hurt. You hurt her beyond repair without knowing the actual truth." Geetha said.

"So do you know the actual truth?" Jayesh asked sarcastically.

"No I don't but I know there is something big waiting for you." She said.

"Mom, she killed my brother , your younger son." Jayesh said like a fact.

"My younger son was a coward. He just called her nothing more than that. He should have met her and asked about her wedding. If that girl is not ready to accept him he should have wished her good luck and returned to home. Instead of that he drank completely and jumped from the cliff. That was the reason I won't talk about him. Even though he is my son I have my ethics and I didn't teach this to you people. I taught you how to respect women and treat women properly. But you people failed. He just died accusing a woman. You made a web of lies and made that poor woman fall for you and threw her out of your life. 

I'm ashamed to tell you that you're my son." Geetha said and left the house.

"Your mom was right." His father said and went behind his wife.

Jayesh was frustrated to the core.

"Sister coffee." He shouted.

Revathi placed the house key in the centre table and said "I'm resigning."