255-258

Chapter 255: Fu Zhi Is Fu Zhao’s Daughter – 2

“Hah...” Fu Zhao scoffed. “He’s gone. He’s going to die tonight.”

Old Master Dong was dumbfounded. He thought this was a good opportunity to get to know the Fu Family, but the atmosphere did not seem right to him.

Even though Fu Zhao was younger than Old Master Dong, he had a knack for business. There was a certain group of people in this world who were born for vanity fairs, and Fu Zhao was definitely one of them. Old Master Dong did not know why his son would offend such a person, and his face turned pale.

After a short while, he said, “I’m truly sorry for the inconvenience and problem my son has caused you. I’ll make him apologize to you personally.”

Fu Zhao then replied swiftly, “That son of a b*tch’s very existence is already a mistake, understand?”

Old Master Dong was left speechless.

Fu Zhao did not want to talk to Old Master Dong anymore. He cut to the chase and said, “Fu Zhi is my daughter. Dong Cun is scum on earth. He’s not even worthy of helping my daughter put on her shoes!”

After saying that, Fu Zhao hung up the call.

Old Master Dong felt even more confused. He had never heard that Fu Zhao had a daughter before. Was she his illegitimate daughter, goddaughter, or something else?

In any case, the one thing he was very certain about was that Fu Zhao was hell-bent on destroying his son.

Du Min knew Old Master Dong was someone who valued his reputation more than anything else and would only do something that benefited him. Then, he said, “If Mr. Dong is not able to give the Fu Corporation an answer, I think many people will be willing to seek justice on behalf of the Fu Corporation.”

After saying that, Du Min left the Dong Mansion.

Old Master Dong slumped in his chair. It took him quite a while to digest everything that had transpired and call his son.

However, Dong Cun did not answer the call.

Left with no other alternative, he hollered at a servant and gave his orders. “Book a flight for me. I’m going to find that son of a b*tch in Yu City!”

*

Dong Cun had just come out of the laboratory when Lu Chuwan informed him of her accident. His phone had run out of battery long ago, and he had not charged it. By the time he arrived at the hospital, Lu Jinqing was already there.

It was 4 o’clock in the afternoon. Lu Jingqing and Dong Cun stood by Lu Chuwan as she filled them in on the entire situation.

Lu Jingqing frowned, as he thought this was a ridiculous story. He said, “So are you saying that she took your medicine? Why would she do that? That’s so ridiculous.”

Even though Fu Zhi would not give them any medicine and just allowed them to use the Valley Orchid in the garden to make tea, Lu Jingqing did not believe that his daughter would do such a deed.

“Ridiculous? The bottle of medicine in her drawer is exactly the same as the one I lost. If she didn’t steal it from me, then why was it in her drawer?” Lu Chuwan said. This was something she had expected. She knew Lu Jingqing and his family would not believe her, so she had prepared herself for it. That said, she still felt disappointed in them. After all, she had nearly lost her life this time. Therefore, since they had chosen to side with Fu Zhi, she would not regard them as her family anymore. Pulling a face, she sneered, “I know why she wanted to steal my medicine. She’s jealous of me. If she really didn’t do anything, then why would she hire someone to kill me when I was reporting her to the police?”