496-499

Chapter 496: Hypocrisy Alert - 1

Hu Lei moved on to pick the second candidate.

Below the stage, Song Fang got up from his seat and took Su Xing’s exercise book away. “Is this the question that he asked, right? I’ll take yours up and copy it.”

Su Xing turned her head around and said, “Nope. I don’t know which question he is asking too.”

Song Fang became speechless.

‘Well, d*mn. I’m doomed.’

Every student in the hall kept their heads low as they prayed in their hearts that Hu Lei would not pick them.

“Holy! Don’t look towards here. I don’t know how to answer those questions at all!” Wang Yu cried as he covered himself up with the textbook.

A fat student hid underneath the table.

Honestly, they would not be so nervous if it was Fan Gaoda, but who was Hu Lei? He was a professor whose name was well-known at home and abroad, and his social status was even higher than He Min, who had been the vice-chancellor of Tsinghua University before.

They all felt it was bad if they could not answer his questions.

Hu Lei’s gaze scanned around the hall and then he suddenly turned back to the row at the back, “You, the girl sitting at the right side of the boy I called just now. Both of you are coming up to answer my questions.”

The rest of the students heaved out a long sigh of relief.

Wang Yu raised his hand, tapping his finger all the way down from Song Fang’s forehead to his chest before drawing a cross in the air and said, “Amen, may the Lord bless you, my child.”

Song Fang whacked his hand away and shouted, “Scat!”

Wang Yu turned his head to look at the fat student. “He scolded me!”

“Nah, he’s not,” the fat student said. He then picked a peach stone from the rubbish bag and said to Song Fang, “I know you’re not a Christian, son.”

He paused for a moment, pulled Song Fang’s hand over, and put the peach stone in his hand. “Amitabha. Poor kid, may you step into the Western Pure Land of Ultimate Bliss soon.”

The vein on Song Fang’s forehead bulged. He gritted his teeth tightly and said, “Do both of you have a death wish?”

‘Oh, so he’s not a Buddhist too?’

Wang Yu and the fat student turned to Ye Jiu.

At first, Ye Jiu did not know why they were looking at him. However, after he took a look at Song Fang, he soon saw the light and he said, “You usually don’t take medication or injections when you’re sick, right?”

Song Fang, who was as fit as a fiddle, nodded firmly.

‘Yes! Injections and medicines are for the weak!’

Ye Jiu took a big step back. He brought his brows together in a tight frown as if the scale had dropped before his eyes, “So you’re one of those Law Wheel practitioners?”

Song Fang became speechless.

Both Wang Yu and the fat student held their hands together and trembled in fear. The fat student then took down the jade amulet from his neck and put it on Song Fang’s hand. He said, “This, this is my family heirloom. Let’s join Buddhism with me, brother. Nothing will end up well if you believe in a cult!”

Song Fang was so angry that he did not know what he should say. He took a deep breath and hissed, “Scat!”

“Okay!” Wang Yu replied instantly. He hollered both the fat student and Ye Jiu, and three of them then made way for Song Fang to go through.