447-450

Chapter 447: The Sound Of A Suona Is Worth A Thousand In Gold

It was difficult to get suona from any nearby musical instrument store, and they ended up getting one from a coffin shop across the street from the Mu Mansion.

Mu Chenxi had thrown everything into the wind right now. She did not care what would happen anymore, for she just wanted to see Fu Zhi make a fool of herself in front of everyone.

It took only 5 minutes to go from the Mu mansion to the coffin shop. When the maid presented the suona, Mu Changqing’s face turned livid with rage.

“Mu Chenxi!” He glared at his daughter with the suona in his hand, “What the hell are you doing again?”

He did not make any effort to lower his voice, but the silver lining was that everyone was still immersed in the wonderful performance brought to them by Fu Zhi. The cameras were all on her right now, so nobody noticed what they were doing at all.

“I’m giving Fu Zhi a chance to show herself!”

“I think you must have a screw loose or something,” Shen Changqing tried to take the suona away as he snarled, “Do you have any idea who all these people are? Give her a chance to show herself? What if something happens when she’s playing the suona, huh? Do you really want to get me into trouble?!

“How can you be so thoughtless, huh? Do you know that this is your best opportunity to show your best side? There are so many movie directors and producers here, and each and every one of them is holding the hottest IP dramas this year. If you perform well, it wouldn’t be a problem for them to cast you as a supporting role in their dramas, so why the hell do you have to keep giving Fu Zhi a chance to perform herself? Anyway, just go back backstage and wait for your next performance. Stop doing stupid things, you hear me?”

Even though Mu Chenxi knew everything her father talked about was the truth, she could not listen anymore. She refused to give up such a good opportunity to humiliate Fu Zhi. She stamped her feet in frustration as she said in a nasal voice, “You’re the one who has a screw loose or something! Those directors are not blind, so how is there any possibility they will choose a layman who doesn’t even know how to act at all? Dad, you don’t really think she can play the suona, do you? She is just scaring you! I’m 100% certain she doesn’t know how to play it!”

Then, without waiting for her father to say anything, Mu Chenxi snatched the suona from her father’s hand and shouted at Fu Zhi, “Don’t get off the stage yet. Didn’t you say you want to play suona just now?”

She asked the staff to pass the suona to Fu Zhi. “Well, I respect your choice. Guzheng can’t show what you can do. I’ve got the suona for you, why don’t you play a song for everyone and let us appreciate what is the pinnacle of art?”

“She’s right. After listening to your guzheng performance, I’m kinda interested in your suona as well, Ms. Fu,” Ouyang Ya chimed in.

Truth be told, nobody believed that Fu Zhi knew how to play a suona.

[Are they mad? Which parents would send their kids to learn Suona? Sister Zhi is just telling them a joke, and how can they treat her like that?]

[It’s Fu Zhi who said she knows how to play a suona, so you can’t blame anyone. If she really can’t play it, then she shouldn’t say she knows how to play one.]

[Does Mu Chenxi really have a death wish? Does she not know that suona is also known as the hooligan of musical instruments? If Fu Zhi really plays the suona in front of so many people, I can assure you that no one will be interested in watching the rest of the performance.]