𝟏𝟑. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐛 𝐨𝐟 𝐰𝐲𝐫𝐝

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑; 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐛 𝐨𝐟 𝐰𝐲𝐫𝐝
(𝗌𝖾𝖺𝗌𝗈𝗇 𝗏, 𝖾𝗉 𝗏𝗂𝗂𝗂  - '𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗃𝗈𝗄𝖾')

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑; 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐛 𝐨𝐟 𝐰𝐲𝐫𝐝 (𝗌𝖾𝖺𝗌𝗈𝗇 𝗏, 𝖾𝗉 𝗏𝗂𝗂𝗂  - '𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗃𝗈𝗄𝖾')

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐅𝐔𝐋𝐋 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐍 𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐃 quicker than Sigyn would prefer. It was time to go to war. Time to clash swords and axes with her friends. Fighting was a sacred thing in Viking culture, to die the honored death of a great warrior and be praised in the halls of Valhalla. There was nothing like the adrenaline from the battlefield, the illusion of becoming invincible while holding a sword and being covered with the enemies' blood. Yet this time, Sigyn doubted she'd feel invincible when the blood dripping from her weapons belonged to her own people.

The shieldmaiden was dreading the approaching events, so much so, she put on her clothes slowly as if by doing so she'd be able to slow time itself. The action was understood differently by the young Viking laying comfortably on her bed. Hvitserk stared at the girl with hungry eyes, as if he hadn't already spent the night exploring every curve in her body. The Ragnarsson wasn't entirely sure about what being in love with someone meant, all he knew was that he was bewitched by the woman in front of his eyes. Her fierceness. Her beauty. Her kindness. Her deep green eyes — all of her. He wasn't that much out of his mind that one time he suggested for the two of them run away from the mess of their world. Hvitserk still thought he would leave for whatever place with Sigyn would be bliss. That being said, he wasn't entirely sure whether it was love or lust that made him open his mouth to speak.

"I think we should get married." the young man proposed suddenly, hazel eyes focused on Sigyn and a grin full of mischief on his lips. The concept of marriage seemed simple enough to him.

"What?" the brunette stopped tying her leather vest and glanced at the man lying on her bed. His arms were casually rested behind his head, his bare chest covered by tattoos was exposed and the grin on his lips never once faltered. Hivtserk was the personification of calmness as if he had only spoken something about the weather not asked someone to tie herself to him before all the gods — because that was what marriage meant for Sigyn, something sacred. "By Odin, why would you want to get married?"

He sat up and shrugged. "Why not? We're great together." the Viking man got up from the bed, not caring about his lack of clothes — it wasn't anything new to Sigyn anyway. "Besides, I believe you're currently the best thing in my life, Sigyn Flokisdottir."

"You don't truly mean that." she scoffed and went back to getting dressed. Hvitserk was lonely and confused and so was she, that's what brought them together in the first place.

"The gods have brought us together for a reason, haven't you thought about that?" he argued.

"Loneliness brought us together, Hvitverk." Sigyn retorted while putting on her boots.

"Sure, at first." the prince couldn't help but agree. Yet he had made his decision, Sigyn was the one for him, and he was determined to make his point pass through her thick skull. "Now I can't picture my life without you." he walked the distance separating them and then gently held her chin up, forcing her attention away from her boots. Green eyes clashed with clear hazel ones. It was true, Hvitserk was happy with Sigyn — so much so that he didn't care how selfish his actions were. He just wanted her. "We're about to leave for battle, I can't risk a chance to go to Valhalla without knowing you'll be mine. For good."